Shrimp Diablo in Penne Pasta.
This Tasty Shrimp Diablo in Penne Pasta using 17 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Shrimp Diablo in Penne Pasta
- You need 16 ounces of cream- reduced by a 1/4 to12 ounces.
- Prepare 8 ounces of penne pasta — cook until done.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of shallot — fine diced.
- You need 1/4 of each onion — small diced (2 ounces).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic — finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small habanero chile peppers- wear gloves — dice fine.
- It’s 1/2 of each red bell pepper — small diced.
- You need 1 of tomato, plum — small dice.
- You need 8 ounces of shrimp — peeled (We used size 51-60 and you can always go larger or add more if desired).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 ounce of L&P -Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 ounce of Crystal hot sauce — Be careful with substituting other hot sauces.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 8 of large basil leaves – chiffonade- fine ribbon cut just before service.
Shrimp Diablo in Penne Pasta step by step
- Place cream in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Let it cook and reduce.by 1/4 about 12 ounce — You must watch so it does not overflow, a 4 qt sauce pan works well..
- Cook of the penne pasta per the brands directions and set aside.
- In a Hot large sauté pan addthe olive oil, garlic, onions and shallots and sauté 2 minute. Your are trying to lightly brown.
- Add both types of peppers and tomatoes and cook one minute.
- Add shrimp,seasoning add L&P -Worcestershire sauce cook until the shrimp turns pink..
- Add the hot sauce, tomato paste, reduced cream and Parmesan cheese and simmer for 2 minutes..
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired..
- Toss with pasta and fresh basil..
- If you are afraid of spicy peppers you can always use less or none. This dish is not overly spicy its very balanced..