Tuna Casserole. This is a tuna casserole that even my picky family loves! This cheesy Tuna Casserole has a made-from-scratch sauce and a crunchy parmesan topping that puts this classic recipe over the top. Your family will love this version!
Tuna casserole is a casserole primarily made with pasta (or rice) and canned tuna, with canned peas and corn sometimes added. The dish is often topped with potato chips, corn flakes, bread crumbs or canned fried onions. Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. You can have Tuna Casserole using 13 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Tuna Casserole
- Prepare 6 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of margarine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine or chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 of (8 ounce) package extra wide egg noodle (cooked/boiled).
- Prepare 1 can of (10 3/4 ounce) cream of celery soup (98% fat free).
- It’s 1 can of (10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free).
- It’s 2 can of (12 ounce) tuna.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 cup of grated sharp cheese.
The Best Tuna Casserole is SO easy to make! Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping. I added mushrooms, garlic powder, and onion powder. Tuna Casserole is a classic comfort food topped with crushed potato chips.
Tuna Casserole step by step
- Sauteed mushrooms, celery, onion, and garlic in margarine and white wine or chicken broth until mushrooms are cooked down and onions and celery are translucent..
- Add garlic salt and mix..
- Once cooked drain off excess liquid..
- Mix the remaining ingredients except cheese and saluted vegetables..
- Place in a 13 by 9 by 2 pyrex dish..
- Sprinkle with grated cheese..
- Bake at 325°F until bubbly..
- Cool five minutes and serve..
- Serves 8-10 people..
Made with canned tuna and egg noodles, this tuna casserole is always a family favorite. The Best Tuna Casserole Recipes on Yummly Tuna Casserole, Oven-baked Shells And Tuna Casserole, Creamy Tuna casserole. What can I substitute for peas in this recipe? Make the casserole sauce, pour it over your favorite noodles, top it with cheese, and bake it off for a new weeknight staple.