Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree.
This Delicious Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree using 7 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree
- It’s 1 of Filet smoked mackerel.
- Prepare 1 cup of Rice.
- Prepare 1 of Sultanas.
- You need 1 of Boiled egg.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 cup of Peas, broad beans, spinach or other greens.
- It’s 2 tsp of Curry powder.
Smoked Mackerel Kedgeree step by step
- Sautée onion in oil and curry powder.
- Add rice, stir through and then cover with water and cook as per the rice packet instructions/your usual method.
- While rice is cooking, flake fish, chop boiled egg and separately cook greebs.
- Five minutes before the rice is done (after about 25 mins for me with brown rice), add the sultanas to the rice in the pan so they soak up some moisture.
- When the rice is done, turn off the heat and add the greens, mackerel and egg. Stir and leave to sit for a few minutes before serving.