Eggplant with shrimp. The Best Shrimp Eggplant Recipes on Yummly The most amazing recipe for Shrimp Eggplant Recipe in Creamy Sauce. This shrimp stuffed eggplant is another dim sum dish that I love.
Ca Tim Xao Tom is a quick stir fry recipe of eggplant and shrimp in sweet and savory garlic sauce. Have this as a side dish to steamed rice and you got yourself a simple well-balanced meal. Add shrimp which have been peeled, deveined and chopped, parsley, salt and pepper. This Tasty Eggplant with shrimp using 11 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Eggplant with shrimp
- It’s 1 of Large Organic Eggplant.
- Prepare 8 of Medium Shrimp.
- You need 1 of organic egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Himalayan pink salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Organic all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 4 tbsp of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking wine.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cooking olive oil.
Add the shrimp to the sauce, blend well and cook for one minute. Toss the cooked and drained spaghetti with the shrimp and eggplant mixture, and serve immediately with parmesan cheese. Thread shrimp onto skewers if grilling. If roasting, remove baking sheet from oven and add shrimp, stirring.
Eggplant with shrimp step by step
- In a food processor combine chopped shrimp, salt, all purpose flour, white pepper and egg white. Process until a coarse paste forms..
- Slice eggplant on the diagonal, about 1-inch thick, then slice through the middle, about 90% deep but not all the way, to create a pocket for the shrimp..
- Fill each eggplant slice to the top with about a teaspoonful of the shrimp mixture. Repeat until all the eggplant slices are filled..
- Pan Fry the stuffed eggplants until brown on all sides. Around 3 to 4 minutes of each side. You need plenty of olive oil to pan fry eggplants, set aside..
- Use the same skillet, add olive oil, Shallot and garlic.
- Add Oyster, water and cooking wine. Mix well and bring it to boil.
- Put Stuffed eggplants back into the pan, cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggplants from the pan.
- Add water to corn starch and add to the sauce.
- Top each eggplant with the sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Mandina's Restaurant, New Orleans. A healthy stir fry that includes shrimp, eggplant, carrots, onions and green peppers. I'm sharing the video from the demo I did last week along with the recipe for shrimp and eggplant stir fry. Add shrimp, eggplant and sauce to skillet. Serve with lime wedges and rice noodles, if desired.