Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Although Wolfgang Puck is best known for putting smoked salmon, caviar and dill-flecked crème fraîche on his designer pizzas, he also loves this trio of toppings with his exceptionally crispy potato pancakes, a dish he makes frequently when cooking at home. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon.
Mix with the eggs and flour. Serve potato pancakes with arugula, smoked salmon and creme fraiche mixture. Add the potatoes and cook until soft. This Appetizing Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- It’s 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- It’s 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Frying oil.
- It’s of Smoked salmon.
- You need of Sour cream.
- It’s of Capers.
- It’s of Fresh dill.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well. Stir in potato flour and gradually add the whole egg Place the pancakes on a serving plate and top with the salmon, poached eggs, salad and horseradish cream. Cook extra mashed potatoes during the week and you'll have the basis of this fabulous weekend brunch dish. Dill helps with digestion and Transfer the pancakes to warmed plates.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon step by step
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Top each with smoked salmon, sour cream, and dill. Season well with black pepper and serve with lemon wedges. To serve, let the potato pancakes cool slightly, then top each with a dollop of greek yogurt, followed by a generous portion of smoked salmon. Potatoes make a sophisticated appetizer when transformed into these deliciously crisp pancakes. Top them with sour cream and succulent strips of smoked salmon for a Remove the pancakes from the pan, drain them on paper towels, and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the remainder. g smoked salmon, slices.