Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos.
You can cook Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos using 14 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos
- It’s of beer battered fish.
- You need 3 lb of skinless & boneless fish fillets cut into strips (I like Cod or halibut for this but I have also used mahi mahi, snapper & tilapia which all work well).
- It’s 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard powder.
- It’s 2 cup of beer.
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
- It’s 1 of Corn Tortillas *1per fish taco*.
- Prepare 2 cup of finely shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1 of *OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS* (Diced white onions, tomatoes & limes can be used for garnish along with the cabbage already listed).
- Prepare of Chipotle cream sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Crema Mexicana (can use sour cream *I like Daisy light sour cream*.
- Prepare 1 of Chipotles in adobo sauce. *add to your liking (may add chopped chipotles to crema sauce if desired).
Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos step by step
- In large mixing bowl combine Flour, salt, black pepper, mustard powder & beer. Mix well till forms semi thick batter..
- Get pot ready for frying & put enough oil to fry fish in & heat till very hot *about 375°F if checking with thermometer* I used a heavy bottom sauce pan..
- Dip each piece of fish in batter (let excess batter drain off) & slowly slide in hot oil. Do not crowd pot, fry only about 3 pieces at a time. Fry till golden crispy about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels..
- Heat pan to warm up tortillas. Heat till pliable (about half minute on both sides). Stack warm tortillas on a plate and cover till finished warming the rest..
- To make the Chipotle cream sauce:Put half cup of Crema Mexicana(OR sour cream & remember you can also use mayo to make a chipotle mayo sauce) in bowl big enough to get your mix on. Add adobo sauce from chipotles to crema & mix well. The more adobo sauce you add the hotter cream sauce will be. If you can handle heat you can also use some of the Chipotles. Just remove the seeds, finely chop and mix it right in. This can also be done in a food processor for a smoother consistency. For easy storage, I just mix everything up in the same container the crema or sour cream came in..
- To assemble fish taco: Put warm tortillas on plate & place piece of fish in center, drizzle a bit of the chipotle crema (or chipotle mayo) on fish then top with cabbage & other optional ingredients, add more crema to your liking and don't forget to squeeze some lime on them bad boys! Enjoy!!!.