Pork with Bagoong (Binagoongan Baboy). Pork Binagoongan with Talong is a Filipino dish wherein pork belly is stewed with shrimp paste. Chinese eggplant slices are also added. Binagoongan Baboy with pork belly stewed in fresh tomatoes, shrimp paste, and chili peppers for a hearty, boldly flavored dish that's I cooked binagoongan baboy today so that I could reshoot the photos as well as update the recipe with cooking tips.
Binagoongan is a Filipino dish wherein protein is cooked with shrimp paste. The usual protein used for this dish is pork. This Binagoongang Baboy recipe or Pork Stewed in Shrimp Paste uses a little bagoong alamang or shrimp paste. This Appetizing Pork with Bagoong (Binagoongan Baboy) using 9 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork with Bagoong (Binagoongan Baboy)
- Prepare of key ingredients.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of pork belly cuts (menudo cuts).
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 3 piece of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 piece of medium size onions.
- Prepare 2 piece of tomatoes medium size.
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Bagoong (sauteed shrimp paste).
I add it towards the end of the cooking process together with the long chili pepper. I also prefer to use the bottled 'Sauteed Shrimp Paste', which is a little brown in color and easily found in any. This Filipino pork recipe is easy to do: pork is sauteed and stewed in shrimp paste or bagoong. What do you use to make binagoongan?
Pork with Bagoong (Binagoongan Baboy) step by step
- In a hot pan with cooking oil, quickly stir fry onions, tomatoes and garlic in high heat..
- Turn to medium heat and add pork menudo cuts. Stir until slightly brown..
- Add warm water and let it boil to cook the pork until tender. About 10 min. Do not let the water evaporate completely..
- When boiling and pork is tender, add sugar to taste and shrimp paste or bagoong. Mix well..
- Cover pan and let simmer for another 5 min..
- Add a pinch of fresh ground black pepper (optional). Turn to high heat and quickly stir fry for about 1min..
- Best serve with hot rice..
Also called Binagoongang Baboy, this dish may also be served with steamed eggplant and green mangoes. It's effortlessly packed with flavor and is definitely better. Here's how to make Binagoongan na Baboy with Gata Recipe. Pork Binagoongan, also called Binagoogang Baboy, is Pork stewed and sautéed in shrimp paste. It is one of the all-time favorite Filipino dishes.