Spicy Pork Bicol Express. Pork Bicol Express has the entire characteristic that I enjoy in a pork dish. It is tender, creamy, and tasty. In addition, it has that good amount of heat that can awaken my taste buds.
With pork cubes cooked in coconut milk and chili peppers, it's rich, creamy, spicy and delicious! Serve with steamed rice for a hearty and big flavored meal! Bicol express is a spicy Filipino stew consisting of bite sized pieces of pork with chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste, onions, tomato and garlic. You can cook Spicy Pork Bicol Express using 7 simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Spicy Pork Bicol Express
- It’s cubes of Pork cut into.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Onions chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsps of shrimp paste or bagoong.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Thai red chilies chopped.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
This Bicol Express dish has such a great balance of flavors. The chilies add a good amount of heat to the dish while the coconut milk cools it down a bit. Pork Bicol Express is a type of Filipino spicy pork dish. Pork slices are cooked in coconut milk with Thai chili and long green peppers.
Spicy Pork Bicol Express instructions
- In a hot pan with oil over medium hi heat sauté garlic and onions until fragrant and translucent. Then add bagoong or shrimp paste stir until incorporated..
- Then add pork until not pink anymore add coconut milk then chilies simmer for 10 min..
- Serve with hot rice.
Its main source of flavor is derived from shrimp paste, which is locally known as bagoong. Balaw is a more traditional ingredient for Bicol Express. Hot and Spicy Pork Cooked with Chili Peppers in Coconut Milk and Shrimp Paste. This Bicol Express recipe packs a lot of heat and is not 'for the faint of heart'. This fiery dish is made with coconut milk, shrimp paste and a whole bunch of long green chili peppers.