Classic Chicken Adobo. Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. Chicken adobo makes a perfect dish for weeknight dinner as the cooking process is so easy. Filipino adobo is a cooking technique unto itself.
Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste. This is a quick easy delicious classic Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe. You can cook Classic Chicken Adobo using 13 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Learn how to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Adobo
- You need pieces of Chicken cut into Adobo.
- It’s 2 of Onions chopped.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves smashed and crushed.
- Prepare 1 of ginger chopped.
- You need of Peppercorns.
- You need leaves of Bay.
- Prepare of Adobo sauce.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare Dash of sugar.
- It’s Pinch of pepper.
The chicken is tender and flavorful with a rich salty, tangy and sweet sauce. While the recipe calls for chicken, an equal amount of beef, pork or combination of the three works perfectly. Chicken adobo is a classic Filipino dish made with chicken marinated in soy sauce and spices, then cooked till I first became interested in chicken adobo when I saw a recipe for it using a slow cooker. Recipes for chicken adobo—the classic dish of Filipino cooking, complete with how-to videos, ratings, reviews, and cooking tips.
Classic Chicken Adobo instructions
- Mix Adobo sauce together and put aside. Then in hot pan with hot oil cook chicken until brown then take out set aside take out excess oil..
- Sauté crushed garlic until fragrant onions and ginger, then add Adobo sauce add 1 cup of water return chicken pieces bring to a boil then simmer cover. Cook until chicken is chicken and tender.
- When Chicken is cooked turn off heat serve with hot rice..
If there is a dish that the Philippines is known for it's got to be Adobo. While the word "Adobo" certainly has Spanish origins (the Philippines has been colonized by Spain for. Chicken adobo is one of the many variations of the classic Filipino-style of cooking. Like its pork counterpart, this chicken version is made by braising the meat in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar. This garlicky, vinegary chicken adobo is a beloved dish in the Philippines—and a weeknight staple in my house.