Bicol Express. This Bicol Express Recipe involvesf pork slices cooked in coconut milk. The outcome of this Bicol Express Recipe can be described as pork cooked in coconut milk with shrimp paste and chilies. Bicol Express is pure comfort food!
Bicol Express, known natively in Bikol as sinilihan (lit. 'spiced with chili'), is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style. It is a stew made from long chilies (siling mahaba in Tagalog), coconut milk, shrimp paste or stockfish, onion. Tiyak na masiram ang inyong pagkakan! This Perfect Bicol Express using 10 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Bicol Express
- It’s 1 of kilo pork belly.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 of red onion (sliced).
- You need 2 of tomatoes (sliced).
- You need 4 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of Shrimp paste.
- You need 1 of Red chilli pepper (sliced).
- Prepare 3 of Finger chilli (sliced).
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
Bili na po kayo sa Bicol Express! THE TASTIEST & SPICIEST BICOL EXPRESS (exact ingredients below) BICOL EXPRESS is a popular Filipino dish. It is a spicy food made of pork, chilies. Try this Bicol Express Recipe from Bicol.
Bicol Express instructions
- Heat the pan. Put the pork belly and wait for it's water to drain out and it's oil to come out. Make sure the pork has a light brown colour..
- Remove the pork from the pan, but leave it's oil..
- Using the oil, put the onion for 20 seconds, then the garlic for 15 seconds. Put the tomatoes after..
- Put back the pork belly, then put the coconut milk. Also, put the shrimp paste. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Put the red chilli pepper, then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Put the coconut cream, then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Put the finger chilli, then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Uncover the pan and let the coconut milk evaporate until the sauce thickens. The thickness of the sauce depends on how you want it served..
- If it's too bland, add salt and pepper. You might also add shrimp paste to help. If it's not that spicy, put more chilli..
- Serve it with rice and a glass of coca-cola. 😊.
Bicolanos are famous for their Bicol Express a hot and spicy dish cooked in coconut milk, pork and with lots of birds eye chili that makes it very hot. Bicol express is a spicy Filipino stew consisting of bite sized pieces of pork with chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste (bagoong), onions, tomato and garlic. The dish is named after the train in the Bicol. Bicol Express is a Filipino dish of browned pork cooked with finger chilies and coconut cream. If you cook Bicol Express the way Speedy does, you get better texture, flavor and color.