Famous Chicken Adobo. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, then remove. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken.
Combine the chicken thighs, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves in a large pot. Filipino Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines and may well become your new favourite Asian chicken dish! Just a few everyday ingredients I can practically guarantee you already have, it's an effortless recipe that yields juicy, tender chicken coated in a sweet savoury glaze with little pops of heat from peppercorns. This Delicious Famous Chicken Adobo using 10 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Famous Chicken Adobo
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken cut up.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sprite.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of peppercorn.
- It’s 5 pcs of bay leaves (optional).
The best way to eat chicken adobo is to have it with warm white rice. The combo is simply known as Chicken Adobo and Rice. Pouring some of the adobo sauce over rice before eating is a good idea because it makes it more flavorful. Chicken adobo is one of the most popular Filipino recipes, other than lumpia and pancit.
Famous Chicken Adobo step by step
- Take a whole chicken and cut it up in serving size pieces.
- Take a large wok or skillet and heat up oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until brownish. Should take about 3-4 minutes depending on how high your heat is.
- Add chicken and sauté until chicken is fully brown on both sides.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and oyster sauce and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add sprite, peppercorn and bay leave and let it simmer on low for another 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquids have been absorbed to your desired amount.
- Best served with white rice. Enjoy!.
There are many ways to cook adobo, for example: you can make it with a slow cooker or crock pot chicken adobo, but cooking it on the stove top with a skillet is quick and easy. Famous Chicken Adobo This classic adobo recipe is simple to make and famous with all who have tasted it. It has been modified to be a bit more saucy than traditional adobo, it is delicious served over rice. Open up the bag and add its contents to a heavy bottomed pot with a lid (like a dutch oven). Drain water out and add enough oil to saute chicken and garlic.