Filipino Sweet Spaghetti. Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. This recipe for every kid's favorite – Filipino Spaghetti – comes from the orphanage that I worked at for a year in Cebu. It's not a party in the Philippines without sweet kiddie spag.
The steps to Filipino Spaghetti is similar to making regular spaghetti bolognese The ground beef is first browned with. ‹ › "Seriously, why is this Filipino spaghetti so sweet?" My sons incredulously asked me this question as we sat at a favorite Manila restaurant, during our Asia trip a few weeks ago. Filipino Spaghetti is the Pinoy version of Spaghetti with meat sauce. This version has a sweet tomato based sauce with lots of meat ingredients such as ground pork, luncheon meat, and hotdogs. This Perfect Filipino Sweet Spaghetti using 19 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Filipino Sweet Spaghetti
- Prepare 1 pack of spaghetti noodles.
- You need 1 of 1b lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 pack of red Filipino hot dog sliced.
- It’s 1 can of large tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of small tomato paste.
- It’s 3 of small very ripe tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of medium red bell pepper sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of small onions chopped.
- You need 1 head of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large bottle of jufran banana sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of chili pepper.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1/8 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of water (optional).
- Prepare of Add salt as necessary for taste but not required.
Sauces, dips, dressings, and condiments from around the world. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Aside from Adobo, Filipino Spaghetti is yet another dish that is making a name out there. A local giant fast-food chain that serves this sweet Filipino Spaghetti on their menu.
Filipino Sweet Spaghetti step by step
- Put 5 cups of water in a pasta pot and boil one bag or box of spaghetti noodles adding 1/8 stick of butter so the noodles won't stick together. Make sure u don't over cook the noodles. Drain when cooked and set aside.
- Cut all tomatoes and red peppers, hot dogs, mushrooms and set aside.
- Take a large pot add oil and heat then sauté garlic and onions together.
- Add ground beef and sauté until meat is brown in color then add hot dogs.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, and mushrooms and cooks for 5-8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste and jufran sauce and stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, paprika, and chili powder and stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water if necessary and taste. Stir and cook for 15 more minutes then let it sit and simmer on low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Add sauce to noodles! Beat with some cheese! Enjoy!.
Filipino spaghetti is different from the typical spaghetti because it has fried sliced hot dogs. I haven't made this Filipino spaghetti for a long time. I used to make it frequently for my kids. Curbing a sweet spaghetti craving is a difficult task. Here's my take on a Filipino favorite that gets you away from that drive-thru.