Bicol Express. This Bicol Express Recipe involvesf pork slices cooked in coconut milk. The outcome of this Bicol Express Recipe can be described as pork cooked in coconut milk with shrimp paste and chilies. Bicol Express is pure comfort food!
Bicol Express, known natively in Bikol as sinilihan (lit. 'spiced with chili'), is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style. It is a stew made from long chilies (siling mahaba in Tagalog), coconut milk, shrimp paste or stockfish, onion. Tiyak na masiram ang inyong pagkakan! You can cook Bicol Express using 9 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Bicol Express
- Prepare 2 lbs of pork belly, cut into strips.
- You need 3 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, minced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of ginger, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shrimp paste (bagoong).
- You need 6 of thai chili peppers or serrano pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
Bili na po kayo sa Bicol Express! THE TASTIEST & SPICIEST BICOL EXPRESS (exact ingredients below) BICOL EXPRESS is a popular Filipino dish. It is a spicy food made of pork, chilies. Try this Bicol Express Recipe from Bicol.
Bicol Express step by step
- Take a wide pot or wok and heat cooking oil.
- Saute garlic, onion, & ginger.
- Add pork and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until the color becomes light brown.
- Add shrimp paste (bagoong) and Thai chili or serrano pepper and stir.
- Pour coconut milk and bring to boil. Simmer for 40 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
Bicolanos are famous for their Bicol Express a hot and spicy dish cooked in coconut milk, pork and with lots of birds eye chili that makes it very hot. Bicol express is a spicy Filipino stew consisting of bite sized pieces of pork with chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste (bagoong), onions, tomato and garlic. The dish is named after the train in the Bicol. Bicol Express is a Filipino dish of browned pork cooked with finger chilies and coconut cream. If you cook Bicol Express the way Speedy does, you get better texture, flavor and color.