Shrimp mofongo. Spoon the mofongo into bowls and top with the shrimp. According to Manolo Lopez, the Puerto Rican proprietor of the Smorgasburg food stand MofonGO, this mashed plantain dish is the "unofficial. Cooking Channel serves up this The Shrimp Mofongo recipe plus many other recipes at CookingChannelTV.com.
Chef Evette Rios shows Wendy how to make Shrimp Mofongo and a Passionfruit Mint Mocktail! _ #WendyWilliams #Cooking Follow Wendy See it first. Mofongo Recipe – unripe fried and mashed plantains infused with garlic, and chicharrones (fried pork skin) then assembled and stuffed with a succulent tomato, garlic, onion, shrimp sauce. Add shrimp stock, shrimp, and a dash of salt and pepper. You can have Shrimp mofongo using 10 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp mofongo
- It’s 2 of green plantains.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of canola oil for frying.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic depending on your taste.
- You need 1/2 pound of large raw shrimp.
- You need 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need of Chopped up cilantro.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion.
- You need of Adobo according to your liking.
- You need 1/4 of th Chicken bouillon cube.
Puerto Rico's staple dish, mofongo, consists of a mound of fried mashed plantains. It is served with protein on the side or as a filling. This recipe features shrimp with a tasty tomato sauce. Making mofongo is similar to making tostones, the difference being that tostones are fried once more after you flatten it with a tostonera.
Shrimp mofongo step by step
- Start with peeling the green plantains. Cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces. You can start mincing the yellow onions and take your cilantro, wash it and then chop it up..
- Start heating up a frying pan. Fill with the oil and once it’s hot start adding the green plantains. Fry for a couple of minutes until you feel it start getting soft on the inside. Flip them on the other side. Fry for a couple of more minutes then take them out. Put them on a plate lined up with paper towel so it can soak up the grease..
- Take a pan and put the olive oil. Put the 4th of the bouillon cube in the oil. Add lime juice adobo, cilantro and onion start frying. Add the garlic. Fry for about 1 minute then add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure you don’t overcook the shrimp..
- Take a bowl or a pilon and add the fried green plantains. That will be where you will mash the plantains into the round form. Add a small amount of garlic. Mash until soft. Once the plantains have taken its form take it out and put it on the plate. Add the shrimp on the mofongo. 🙂.
Mofongo (Spanish pronunciation: [moˈfoŋɡo]) is a Puerto Rican dish with fried plantains as its main ingredient. Mofongo con Camarones or Mofongo de Camarones (Mofongo with Shrimps) is a hyper delicious Puerto Rican dish Shrimp Mofongo – Garlic Lime (Puerto Rican Plantain Dish) – The Kreative Life. Mofongo with shrimp recipe: Try this Mofongo with shrimp recipe, or contribute your own. Mofongo is a traditional Puerto Rican dish. Mofongo is a mash of green plantains, that are fried and Some variations include beef stew or vegetables, shrimp, seafood, mixed with the mofongo or.