Vege pork adobo. Adobo is often thought of as the national dish of the Philippines. It features meat, seafood, or vegetables that are marinated and then quickly cooked. This vegetarian adobo uses a vegetarian chicken alternative and marinates it in vinegar, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, and lemon.
Chicken and pork are the two most commonly used meats in making adobo while water spinach (kangkong), okra, banana flowers (puso ng saging) and eggplants are the favorites among vegetarians. Although I have cooked and shared many adobo recipes before, I have yet to share a vegetarian one. Eggplant adobo is my family's favorite. You can cook Vege pork adobo using 13 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Vege pork adobo
- You need of Pork belly.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- It’s of Red onion (any red onion can be,small or big).
- It’s of White carrot.
- You need of Big chili’s.
- It’s of Leek.
- Prepare of Carrot dice (cut anyway you prefer).
- It’s of Mushroom.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of Fish sauce.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Black pepper (up to your preference,some want spicy and stronger taste).
Which cuts to use for pork Adobo. Pork belly-(Liempo) the more popular choice because it is the most flavorful cut because of the fats in it.; Pork shoulder – (Kasim) than pork belly. A tough cut with lots of fat and tissue that make it ideal for slow cooking. In this recipe, I moved away from the conventional way by browning the pork pieces first.
Vege pork adobo instructions
- Sauté your red onion and tomatoes until tomatoes get really soft and watery then add in your pork. Mixed it well and fry again until aroma come out..
- Then add in your fruit vegetables as carrot and white carrot or any fruit or hard vege.not leafy vege..
- Add in about 3 glass of water.Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Then add in oyster sauce,fish sauce and sugar also black pepper.leave it again up to 20minutes.Make sure your fire are medium low..
- Lastly, add in all the soft vege.Big chili and leek. Stir all together.Leave it about 3-5minutes,ready to serve..
After browning the pork, I add the rest of the ingredients and let the mixture simmer until the pork meat is tender. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, then remove. ATTN Filipinos: Sides to go with chicken adobo.. OP, you can add in potatoes to the adobo or even have a second main dish, but I've never seen adobo served with a vegetable unless it was a big potluck and the two just happened to be at the same place at the same time.