Bicol Express. This Bicol Express Recipe involvesf pork slices cooked in coconut milk. The outcome of this Bicol Express Recipe can be described as pork cooked in coconut milk with shrimp paste and chilies. Bicol Express is pure comfort food!
Bicol Express, known natively in Bikol as sinilihan (lit. 'spiced with chili'), is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style. It is a stew made from long chilies (siling mahaba in Tagalog), coconut milk, shrimp paste or stockfish, onion. Tiyak na masiram ang inyong pagkakan! You can cook Bicol Express using 11 easy ingredients and 2 simple steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Bicol Express
- It’s 1 kilograms of pork.
- It’s 15 pcs. of large roasted eggplant.
- You need of bagoong alamang/shrimp paste according to your taste.
- You need 2 of whole pure coconut cream.
- It’s 10 pcs. of finger chili.
- Prepare 5 pcs. of chili labuyo.
- It’s of ginger.
- It’s 1 head of onion.
- It’s 1 head of garlic.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
- You need of cooking oil.
Bili na po kayo sa Bicol Express! THE TASTIEST & SPICIEST BICOL EXPRESS (exact ingredients below) BICOL EXPRESS is a popular Filipino dish. It is a spicy food made of pork, chilies. Try this Bicol Express Recipe from Bicol.
Bicol Express instructions
- Warm up the oil in a pan and sauté the pork until it changes color, and remove from pan and set aside. In the same Pan Saute bagoong until it changes color and also remove from the Pan and set aside. Then stir-fry the ginger, then the onion, garlic and peppers. Sauté well. Put the cooked pork and stir into the ingredient. Sauté well. Pour the pure coconut milk and boil. Mix the cooked bagoong, and stir well..
- Then add the roast eggplant, and mix. Taste if the flavor blend, seasoned bagoong again if necessary. and seasoned pepper. Continue cooking until the oil from pure coconut milk. then serve..
Bicolanos are famous for their Bicol Express a hot and spicy dish cooked in coconut milk, pork and with lots of birds eye chili that makes it very hot. Bicol express is a spicy Filipino stew consisting of bite sized pieces of pork with chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste (bagoong), onions, tomato and garlic. The dish is named after the train in the Bicol. Bicol Express is a Filipino dish of browned pork cooked with finger chilies and coconut cream. If you cook Bicol Express the way Speedy does, you get better texture, flavor and color.