Sizzling Bangus Sisig. This sizzling bangus sisig is an authentic Kapampangan version of fish sisig. A delicious and healthy version of sisig because it is not made of pork or beef and does not contain mayonnaise or eggs. This Bangus Sisig Recipe is really good.
Bangus Sisig is a Filipino dish made with milkfish, chopped onions, bell, and chili peppers. Serve the sisig on a preheated sizzling plate and top with egg, if you wish. For food safety, I prefer to fry the. This Tasty Sizzling Bangus Sisig using 13 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Sizzling Bangus Sisig
- You need 1 piece of medium-size Bangus (Milkfish).
- It’s 2 pieces of Red Onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of White Vinegar.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Peppercorn.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of White Sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of Oil.
- Prepare 1 piece of Egg.
Recipe for the Mouthwatering Bangus Sisig. The original sisig recipe is made from pig's ears, cheeks, and snout with lots of onions and chilies. This Bangus Sisig Recipe can be your everyday go-to dish. It's a simple dish yet so tasty.
Sizzling Bangus Sisig instructions
- Chop the red onions and set aside..
- Deboning a Bangus – If you were not able to get a deboned Bangus from the market (like me), you can actually debone it yourself. First, put enough water in a pan and add a little salt. When it boils, put the fish inside and cook slightly, just so it would be easy for you to flake it later. (Please do not overcook especially if you want to have your Sisig soft and tender afterward.) Drain the fish and flake it with your clean hands. Remove the bones and dice..
- In a pan, combine the onions, vinegar, and peppercorns. Simmer this until the vinegar is reduced to 1/3 of its original volume and the onions are cooked and have turned into bright pink color. Set aside..
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, chili powder, salt, and pepper. In this mixture, marinate the Bangus for at least 30 minutes..
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic. Add the (pickled) onions, the marinated Bangus, and the marinade. Simmer..
- While simmering, heat the sizzling plate on the stove. Brush it with a little oil. When the plate is already hot and the liquid in the Bangus is already reduced, transfer the Bangus mixture on the plate and spread it all over. Add whole egg and add a pinch of iodized salt on top of the egg yolk. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Mix it well upon serving to cook the egg and mix with the bangus sisig..
- You may want to add a wedge of lemon for presentation or if you prefer it to be more sour. Some also like to add a little bit of mayonnaise. Do if you prefer. Kainan na!.
Then place the bangus sisig mixture in the sizzling plate and toss lightly until the margarine coats all the. A Filipino Food and Recipe Experience: Sizzling Bangus. Bangus Sisig is the healthy alternative to the fatty Pork version, and Bangus ( Milkfish ) lovers will absolutely love this truly Filipino dish. Bangus Sisig Recipe is easy to cook and delicious to eat, it is. Malinamnam na bangus belly in tamarind broth with green vegetables.