Stuffed Crabs. Follow these step-by-step instructions for world-class stuffed crab. When cooled add crab meat, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, scallions, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix the ingredients well and stuff the shells.
Recipe from The Official Louisiana Seafood and Wild Game Cookbook. You can use glass, aluminum, or real crab shells. Process bread in a food processor to a fine crumb and add to crab mixture along with parsley and green onion. This Appetizing Stuffed Crabs using 12 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Stuffed Crabs
- It’s 12 piece of medium crabs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of carrots,finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of potato,finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of spring onion,sliced.
- Prepare pinch of salt and pepper,to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of red bell pepper,chopped.
- Prepare 1 piece of raw egg,beaten.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic,sliced.
- It’s 2 cup of oil,for frying.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne. My mom's stuffed crabs recipe is one of those. My mom's recipe is the best representation of a New Orleans stuffed crab-chunks of crabmeat resourcefully and delightfully repurposed with delicate seasoning vegetables, rich butter and moist French bread. In order to get the dish just so, you need to commit to her process.
Stuffed Crabs instructions
- In a deep pan cook the crabs in water for 5 minutes.Separate the meat and clean the shell..
- In a pan, add a small amount of vegetable oil then saute the garlic and onion.Add carrots and stir fry for minute. Remove from the pan and let it cool..
- In a mixing bowl,mix flour, potato, red pepper,crab mixture, salt and ground black pepper,egg and spring onion..
- Stuff the crab shell with crab mixture and set aside..
- In a deep frying pan add oil,bring heat to medium high ,then deep fry stuffed crabs for 3-5 minutes.Serve with any desired sauce..
Add shrimp and crab meat to onion mixture. Combine with shrimp and crab meat mixture. Add beaten egg, salt and pepper. Top each stuffed shell with remaining bread crumbs. Top each crab with a pat of butter.