AMIEs SQUID ADOBO. To begin with, here is one of my favorite variation of seafood adobo – Adobong Pusit or Squid Adobo. This Filipino squid dish uses the adobo method (cooking meat in a soy sauce-and-vinegar mixture) and squid is simmered until the liquid becomes a. Clean squids by removing eyes, innards and transparent backbone.
You will either have to stir-fry them or stew for a long time, or you will get a real chewy texture. Here's a tip when cooking Adobong Pusit, make sure that you buy fresh squid, meaning no foul smell then cook it the same day you buy it. In a pan, saute ginger, then onions and garlic. This Tasty AMIEs SQUID ADOBO using 12 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of AMIEs SQUID ADOBO
- Prepare 1 kg of squid, cleaned and ink separated.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 medium of size onion (chopped).
- You need 2 medium of size tomatoes(chopped).
- It’s 6 clove of garlic, (crushed).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Add patis and pepper to taste. Overcooked squid can become robbery as well. Adding of water is optional, because squids produces water itself. However, if you prefer soupy like you can add more water to the dish if you wish.
AMIEs SQUID ADOBO step by step
- Boil water, soy sauce and vinegar in a large cooking pan. Add the squid when its boiling. Let it boil for 3 minutes..
- Remove the liquid from the squid. Set aside..
- In a separate pot, heat oil. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes for a minute. Add the squid and cook for 3 minutes..
- Pour in the soy sauce-vinegar-water mixture that was used to cook the squid before (first step). Let it boil and simmer for 3 minutes..
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes or until the squid is tender..
- Serve with hot steamed rice!.
- NOTE: Make sure that you dont cook the squid longer than the indicated time to preserve the tender texture..
Download Squid adobo stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Adobong Pusit / Squid Adobo is a very popular dish in the Philippines; want to know the reason why? Well, Filipinos love squid no matter how it is cooked and Adobo is definitely a Filipino's top choice. The baby squids were just a bit bigger than my thumb and it was a killer cleaning them out Filipino Chicken Adobo – the national dish of the Philipines! Juicy, tender chicken coated in a sticky glaze.