Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup. Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish. It is a sour soup that uses tamarind as it's base flavor, it can be cooked with fish, meat, shrimp, and vegetables. This soup uses shrimp as the main ingredient.
Learn how to cook Sinigang na Hipon with this quick and easy recipe. A variation of the beloved Filipino sour soup dish that is cooked with shrimp with tamarind as a souring agent. Sinigang is one of the most popular and favorite Filipino dishes among locals. You can have Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup using 7 easy ingredients and 3 easy steps. Learn how to cook that.
Ingredients of Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup
- You need of Shrimps.
- It’s of Ginger julienned.
- You need 3 of Onions cut into quarters.
- It’s of Tomatoes cut into quarters.
- Prepare of Okra tops cut.
- It’s of Gabi or taro cut into discs.
- Prepare of Knorr Sinigang mix.
Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimp in Sour Soup – uses tamarind base powder mix. Make sure not to overcook the shrimp. They become chewy and rubbery if boiled too. In a casserole, boil rice wash or water, Tamarind juice, onions, tomatoes and Radish.
Sinigang na Hipon or Shrimps in Sour Soup step by step
- In a pot bring to a boil then add onions, tomatoes, and ginger and taro then labanos or daikon radish okra just simmer then Sinigang or soup mix..
- Then add shrimps then cook until shrimps turn orange simmer then add mustard greens.
- Take off heat then serve with hot rice.
Lower fire, add in Shrimps, Kangkong, Sitaw and green long pepper. Sinigang na Hipon is a type of Filipino sour soup, wherein shrimp is used as the main ingredient. I am using Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Recipe Mix whenever I cook sinigang. Shrimps are expensive so you don't want to overcook them. They cook real fast and overcooking can make them rubbery and tough, with shells that are hard to remove.