Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish). Hello everyone,have you try cooking a shrimps with coconut milk? If not Hope you can try my simple and delicious recipe. This recipe is a Filipino dish and we.
The herb is a favorite in India and shows up in coconut chutneys and in many of southern India's coconut curri. Add the coconut milk, water, and salt and bring to a simmer. Keep the oil and fry ginger and garlic until lightly golden. You can cook Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish) using 12 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish)
- You need 5 clove of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 large of onion (chopped).
- It’s 3 tbsp of ginger (chopped).
- You need 1 of broth cube.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of squash (chopped into medium size cubes).
- It’s 1 large of eggplant (chopped in cubes, medium).
- Prepare 1 cup of string beans.
- Prepare 1 kg of shrimp.
- It’s 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 2 small of chili (whole, optional ingredient).
Add shrimp and fry quickly until pink. Add a bit more oil if necessary. Once the shrimp is pink, add coconut milk, fish sauce and remaining vegetables. Boil, simmer until vegetables are cooked, again DO NO OVERCOOK.
Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish) instructions
- Combine the first (7) ingredients above and put half of the coconut milk. Switch on the stove in a medium high heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook the squash. Do not stir too often. Our goal is to thicken the coconut milk..
- Add string beans and eggplant. Stir for a few, add the remaining half of the coconut milk and let it simmer again for about 10 minutes..
- Make sure you do not over stir to get the desired thickness. And, make sure you do not cover the casserole this time..
- Once thickened, put the shrimp and stir. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Shrimp does cook easily. We dont want to overcook it as well. Add chili which is optional. If you like it too spicy then you need to put more chilis, otherwise..
Ginataang Hipon or Shrimps Cooked in Coconut Milk is a tasty Filipino shrimp recipe that goes well with warm steamed rice. Ginataang Hipon is a Filipino Recipe that consists of shrimps cooked in coconut milk. This method of cooking is locally referred as "ginataan", which means "to cook in. This is a list of dishes made using coconut milk. Coconut milk is the liquid that comes from the grated meat of a coconut.