Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet).
This Delicious Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet) using 11 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet)
- Prepare 1 bowl of sliced vegetables.
- You need 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of shrimp paste (alamang).
- You need 1/2 c of or more Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- It’s Dash of coconut milk (optional).
- It’s 1/4 of pork bullion cube (optional, if no protein).
Vegetables in Shrimp Paste (Simple Pinakbet) step by step
- Traditional vegetables used are (sliced): bitter gourd (ampalaya), okra, eggplant, string beans, carrots and squash..
- Sauté onions then garlic in oil. Then add tomatoes. Let the juices come out. Add your protein..
- Add water and the squash. Simmer until half cooked..
- Add the other vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pork bullion to flavor if not adding protein. Taste and adjust. Add a little more water if necessary..
- Sauté in the shrimp paste. You have the option to add coconut milk here. Simmer until veggies are cooked. Serve with rice. Some like it saucy, mine got absorbed since I did not add coconut milk..