Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack). Place frying pan on a stove and turn settings to medium. Pour in the oil into the pan. Easy cooking homemade Pinoy popular food snack banana cue.
I took advantage of having another adult around during the school day and did something that I've said I would never do again: cook with my elementary aged students. Banana cue or Banana Q (Tagalog: Banana kyu) is a popular snack food or street food in the Philippines. The "cue" in the name is an abbreviation of barbecue, which in Philippine English refers to meat cooked in a style similar to satay. This Delicious Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack) using 3 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack)
- You need 2 of Saba (Cardava) bananas.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of coconut sugar.
- You need 3-4 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Banana Cue Popular Filipino Snack Dessert. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Filipino Banana Cue is made of fried banana on bamboo skewers and the most consumed as a mid-afternoon snack."Saba" banana Mango float is a traditional Filipino dessert with mangoes, whipped cream, and graham crackers. Serve on their own or with ice cream.
Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack) instructions
- Saba or Cardava or Cooking bananas are the fat plump ones, greenish to yellow with blackish markings as it ripens. In Manila it is a popular street & market food sold on sticks. I haven’t tried with plantains, not sure if we have those here or if its the same banana…try and let me know? :).
- Heat oil in pan. Prepare peeled bananas by slicing them or you can also cook whole like the traditional way in the Manila. Google 'Banana Cue' to see a picture..
- Roll all sides of the banana in the coco sugar and drop in hot oil. Use low heat to prevent burning..
- When sugar melts turn it to the other side. Use a spatula or spoon to scoop back the sugar unto the banana if it separates. I turned them twice on each side before removing from the pan. Place unto a plate and let it cool..
- The coco sugar will harden and become crisp as it cools. Delicious. I placed too much I think (2 Tbsps) so 1 Tbsp should be ok for 2 bananas. 🙂 Enjoy!.
Banana cue is whole bananas fried with brown sugar then threaded with bamboo skewers. Maruya is sliced bananas dipped in batter, deep fried and dredged in sugar. All are popular street foods and snacks; all are made with Saba banana (Cardaba banana) which, like plantain, is primarily a cooking. Bananacue is a nutritious and popular snack in the Philippines. Get to know how to cook this Gradually put-in the brown sugar, adjust the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the I think the better way of doing the banana cue is this: Fry the bananas first and the remove them from. (Filipino Caramelized Bananas , Banana Q, Banana Kyu, Bananacue).