Okonomiyaki Bread Buns. Okonomiyaki (literally means 'grilled as you like it') is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments. Okonomiyaki is a Japanese style savoury cabbage pancake that can be made in minutes and a big. Most, if not all, Japanese foods will leave you tousled in a very nice way and you'll be drooling like a little baby while exclaiming "oishii!" (in kanji – 美味しい) and (in hiragana – おいしい).
Okonomiyaki, Japanese cabbage pancakes, can be made in countless ways: okonomiyaki essentially means prepared as you like. Okonomiyaki: Cabbage Pancakes with Soy Dipping Sauce. How to make authentic Japanese savoury pancake Okonomiyaki at home. This Appetizing Okonomiyaki Bread Buns using 17 simple ingredients and 11 easy steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki Bread Buns
- You need 250 grams of ☆Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 20 grams of ☆Sugar.
- Prepare 5 grams of ☆Salt.
- You need 4 grams of Dry yeast (or fresh yeast).
- You need 1 of Egg (small).
- It’s 115 grams of Water.
- You need 25 grams of Butter.
- Prepare of The filling and toppings.
- Prepare 2 tsp of granules + 400 ml water ★Dashi stock granules and water.
- You need 100 ml of ★Okonomiyaki sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of ★Plain white flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 of ★Red pickled ginger, aonori.
- It’s 1 of handful ★Bonito flakes.
- You need 3 of leaves Cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of If you are using natural bread starter (leaven), use this dough.
Okonomiyaki is made by mixing together batter, sliced cabbage, and other savoury ingredients; spooning the In some of these restaurants you are expected to prepare the okonomiyaki yourself. Coconut buns, or cocktail buns (chicken tail buns) are a favorite at Chinese bakeries. This recipe is soft, fluffy, authentic, and incredibly easy to make. Serve immediately with mayonnaise, okonomiyaki sauce, toasted sesame seeds, pickled ginger, and scallion greens.
Okonomiyaki Bread Buns step by step
- Put all the ☆ ingredients in a bowl. Dissolve the dry or fresh yeast in water and mix in the egg. Add this liquid to the bowl, and mix until the liquid is absorbed. Take the dough out onto a work surface, and knead for about 15 minutes. Seefor kneading instructions..
- After kneading the dough for 15 minutes, check it to see if a gluten film has formed (if you stretch the dough out thinly, it should form a translucent film). Add the butter and knead for another 10 minutes or so. Lightly grease a large bowl with butter, round off the dough, put it in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave to rise to 3 times its original volume..
- Combine the ★ ingredients in a bowl. Finely chop the cabbage, heat up a frying pan with some oil, and stir fry the cabbage. Add the ★ ingredients to the pan. When the sauce has thickened, leave it to cool..
- When the dough has finished its 1st rise, divide into 10 pieces (each one should weigh about 45 g), round off each piece, cover with plastic wrap and rest for 15 minutes..
- Flatten each dough ball with your palm, and roll it out with a rolling pin. Put the flattened disc of dough on your hand and put on some filling. If you try to add too much filling you won't be able to close the dough around it, so be careful..
- Stretch the dough on 4 sides and wrap it around the filling. Pulling on the dough is the best way to make this work well. Seal the seams very tightly. Do this while holding the dough in your hands..
- Place the formed buns on a tray lined with kitchen parchment paper. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and leave to rise for 40 to 50 minutes until doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 190°C..
- When the buns have doubled in size, snip the tops with kitchen scissors in a crisscross pattern as shown. Open up the cut part a little..
- Squeeze on a little mayonnaise in the center, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle on aonori to finish..
- It'll be soft and tender inside..
- If you deep fry the buns in 170°C (low-temperature) oil, they will come out crispy, fragrant and delicious!!! Be careful not to burn yourself..
Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き o-konomi-yaki) ( listen ) is a Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning "what you like" or "what you want", and yaki meaning "grilled" or "cooked" (cf. yakitori and yakisoba). Okonomiyaki originated in the Kansai region of southern Japan, but its At its most basic, Osaka-style okonomiyaki is a simple wheat-flour pancake with vegetables and meats stirred into the batter.. This recipe is for the Osaka-style version, which can be topped with a variety of ingredients. Pour onto dry ingredients in bread machine on the dough setting.