Easy and Quick Temari Sushi. Create picture-perfect sushi for any occasion with this delightful and easy temari sushi recipe. Temari are Japanese thread balls, made by winding colourful thread around and around into ball shapes with different interesting patterns, and these picturesque pieces of sushi reflect both the beauty and the shape of their namesake. Temarizushi, or Temari sushi, are small and ball-shaped sushi.
The key is to mix, match and layer. Unlike nigiri sushi or sushi rolls, you don't need any practice or expert skill to make Temari Sushi. Temari Sushi is an easy hand made sushi. This Perfect Easy and Quick Temari Sushi using 4 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Easy and Quick Temari Sushi
- You need 100 grams of Pickled sea bream.
- Prepare 100 grams of Smoked salmon.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- You need 450 ml of Sushi rice.
These sushi balls are great for bentos or parties and can be prepared with a variety of pantry ingredients. Great recipe for Easy and Quick Temari Sushi. I bought some kodaisasazuke sea bream as a gift, but I decided to use it to make our supper. The temari sushi should be just a bit smaller than a ping pong ball.
Easy and Quick Temari Sushi step by step
- Cool the sushi rice and season with whatever you like. For a spalsh of colour, I've added some finely chopped cucumber..
- Cut the salmon and sea bream into bite sized pieces..
- Place a piece of salmon or seabream on top of a piece of cling film, then add a heaped tablespoon of cooled sushi rice on top..
- Wrap the sashimi and rice in cling film and mould the sushi. Repeat this step until all of the ingredients are used up..
- Serve on a plate to finish!.
If they get too big, they would look like rice balls. Each region in Japan serves a slightly different version of Chirashi Sushi with various ingredients and toppings. For example, in the Osaka area where my mom was originally from, Chirashi Sushi is called Barazushi (ばら寿司) or Gomoku Sushi (五目寿司). We would serve the sushi rice topped with unagi and cooked or uncooked vegetables. Temari sushi is a ball-shaped sushi that is fun to make and eat!