Okonomiyaki with Lots of Spring Cabbage. Okonomiyaki recipe : savory Japanese cabbage pancakes with bacon Okonomiyaki, translated as "grilled as you like" is a savory Japanese cabbage pancake (or some might call it Japanese pizza) made with lots of cabbage, some pancake batter and topped with several other ingredients. To make the okonomiyaki batter, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the cabbage, tempura batter bits With a brush, brush the each pancake liberally with Otafuku sauce and drizzle lots of mayonnaise over the top.
Togarashi (also called Japanese Seven Spice) is available at Asian markets and some supermarkets. For my basic okonomiyaki, I combine shredded cabbage and scallions with a big handful of shaved smoked bonito flakes (katsuobushi). With a lot of flour and minimal mixing, you get something similar to a traditional Western pancake: fluffy and somewhat dry inside. You can cook Okonomiyaki with Lots of Spring Cabbage using 15 simple ingredients and 12 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki with Lots of Spring Cabbage
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 130 ml of Dashi stock.
- Prepare 4 of leaves Cabbage.
- It’s 100 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- You need 2 of Green onions (small rounds).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Yamaimo (grated).
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tempura crumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sakura shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Pickled red ginger (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Aonori.
- You need 1 of Bonito flakes.
Okonomiyaki, Japanese cabbage pancakes, can be made in countless ways: okonomiyaki essentially means prepared as you like. A food blog with mostly simple, always seasonal recipes. Along with the cabbage, I sometimes throw in shredded carrots, leftover meat and veggies. Spread the spicy mayo on the pancake.
Okonomiyaki with Lots of Spring Cabbage instructions
- Finely chop the cabbage, green onions and the pickled red ginger. Mix the flour, 1 egg and the yamaimo together well in a bowl. Add the dashi stock with a little salt and mix..
- Into the same bowl, fold in the cabbage, green onion, tempura crumbs, sakura shrimp, and the pickled red ginger..
- Grease a minimum 24 cm frying pan and pour in all of the batter. Place the pork on top, then crack an egg over it..
- Cook for 6-7 minutes. When the edges become firm, flip it over using your wrist. Once it's cooked, flip it over again..
- Dish it up. Serve with Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, aonori and bonito flakes. Also pour over some mayonnaise if you'd like..
- Step 4: sometimes the egg will stick when you flip it over. To prevent this, add a little more oil and shake the pan as you flip it over..
- Kansai-Style Udon. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144195-easy-kansai-style-kitsune-udon.
- Yakisoba with Ankake Sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144194-basic-yakisoba-noodles-with-seafood-and-thick-ankake-sauce.
- Katsudon, Homemade Nametake Mushrooms. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143435-pork-cutlet-rice-bowl https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143429-simple-delicious-homemade-nametake-mushrooms.
- Pork Bowl,. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144192-spicy-gochujang-pork-rice-bowl.
- Creamy Omu-hayashi,. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/151986-creamy-egg-omu-hayashi.
- Soy Milk Somen Noodles,. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143414-soy-milk-chicken-somen.
Finish off with a generous sprinkle of spring onion and toasted. A savory Japanese cabbage pancake topped with a combination of okonomi sauce, Japanese mayo, crispy bacon, scallions, sesame seeds and bonito flakes. Our okonomiyaki recipe provides easy step-by-step instructions for making your favourite Japanese savoury pancake dishes at home. Enjoy one of the easiest and most delicious delicacies in Japanese cuisine with this okonomiyaki savoury pancake recipe. Additionally, some markets carry special okonomiyaki flour, which includes flavorings and a little yam starch to give the pancake a spongier consistency; if you use this specialized Whisk in the flour, egg, and tenkasu to make a batter.