Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi). Chirashi Sushi is served on happy occasions and at parties in Japan. This bright and colorful dish is made of sushi rice with a variety of vegetables mixed in, and toppings sprinkled over the top. The dishes you see in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan is just a tiny, tiny collection of what we eat in.
And in general it is like a sushi salad. The ingredients (or "gu") are scattered or topped on sushi rice with no rolling or shaping involved. Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. You can cook Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi) using 22 easy ingredients and 13 simple steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi)
- You need 80 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots in brine.
- Prepare 2 of eggs' worth Kinshi tamago.
- Prepare 3 of pieces Dried gourd.
- You need 1/3 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 block of Koya tofu.
- You need 8 of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 50 grams of Kamaboko.
- It’s 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- Prepare 1 of Beni shouga red pickled ginger.
- You need of For the sushi rice.
- You need 450 grams of White rice.
- It’s 5 of cm square Kombu.
- Prepare 1 dash of less than usual Water.
- It’s of For sushi vinegar.
- You need 5 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of For the seasonings.
- You need 300 ml of Water from re-hydrating shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each Sugar/mirin/sake.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Japanese dashi stock powder.
This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the Ingredients are sliced or cut into small pieces, then scattered over the sushi rice. That's all it takes to make such a good-looking sushi! It's time for the final day of Sushi Week. Today we make chirashizushi: the simplest, homiest, and most varied form of sushi.
Chirashi Sushi (5 Ingredient Chirashi Sushi) step by step
- Cook the rice with the konbu. Use a little less water than usual..
- Moisten the gourds with water, then rub with a generous amount of salt. Boil for 5 minutes, then finely chop..
- Re-hydrate the shiitake mushrooms in 300 ml of water. You will use the liquid later, so keep it. Re-hydrate the koya dofu in water as well (about 3 minutes)..
- Chop the gourds, carrots, bamboo shoots, shiitake mushrooms, koya dofu, and kamaboko into 5-8 mm chunks..
- Combine all the sushi vinegar ingredients into a pot and turn on the heat. Once the salt and sugar has dissolved, immediately turn off the heat and let cool..
- If you cut the kinshi tamago into squares, you can make it look real nice. You can give the rough ends to your kids to eat. Slice the egg crepe to make kinshi tamago..
- Simmer the filling ingredients. Bring the liquid to a boil, then cook the shiitake, carrots, and bamboo shoots over low heat. After 15 minutes, add all remaining fillings and let cook for 2 more minutes to let the flavors absorb..
- Transfer to a shallow container and let cool. When cooking the rice, cook with a little less water than usual and cook with the konbu. Once cooked, remove the konbu..
- Mix up the rice in the rice pot and add the sushi vinegar, then mix into the rice with the rice spatula using cutting motions. Once mixed in, cool with a hand fan to bring out the shine..
- Mix together with the cooled fillings, then garnish with the kinshi tamago, shredded nori, and sesame seeds. Serve with the beni shouga and enjoy!.
- To make kinshi tamago, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152675-ultra-thin-and-beautiful-shredded-egg-for-chirashi-sushi.
- To make your own dried shiitake mushrooms, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143982-sun-dried-shiitake-mushrooms-with-butter-and-soy-sauce.
- You can make a very colorful chirashi sushi by adding shrimp or salmon, tuna, mackerel, octopus, squid, salmon roe, etc on top!.
If you're averse to raw fish, have limited knife skills, and don't like touching cooked rice with your bare hands, then this one is for you. This is my favourite type of sushi. And for this occasion I have a photo guide for you. From the guest seating order, to the table manners. From the order of the servings, to the color of food.