Sukiyaki Rice Bowl. Embrace the best features of two types of Japanese dish with this beef sukiyaki donburi rice bowl recipe. Sukiyaki is a hot pot dish made with meat, tofu, fresh vegetables and noodles simmered in a large pot with a sweet/savoury soy based soup, while donburi is a one-bowl meal of rice with any meat or vegetable-based topping. I can never get tired of Japanese Beef Bowl.
Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, make sure all the sugar is dissolved, and transfer to a bowl. Then prepare all your sukiyaki ingredients–the tofu slices , rehydrated shiitake mushrooms , enoki mushrooms , napa cabbage , tong ho , and scallions. Sukiyaki can be a delicious rice bowl topping 👍 Perfect for Bento lunch box as well 😉 Sukiyaki is traditional and popular Japanese hot pot (nabemono) cooked with thinly sliced beef and some. You can cook Sukiyaki Rice Bowl using 16 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Sukiyaki Rice Bowl
- Prepare 300 grams of Beef offcuts.
- Prepare 16 of pieces Wheat gluten.
- You need 1 of packet Shirataki noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 block of Grilled tofu.
- Prepare 2 of leaves Chinese cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 of chunk Beef fat.
- You need 1 of Red pickled ginger.
- Prepare 4 of leaves Mitsuba.
- Prepare 1 of Raw egg yolk.
- It’s of Sukiyaki Rice Bowl Sauce.
- You need 120 ml of Mirin.
- It’s 50 ml of Sake.
- It’s 80 ml of Dashi stock.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Coarse granulated sugar (or regular sugar).
- Prepare 100 ml of Soy sauce.
Vegetables, noodles, and beef are served in a steaming, flavorful broth made with dashi, mirin, and soy sauce in this Japanese dish, sukiyaki. Great recipe for Sukiyaki Rice Bowl. Simple and delicious sukiyaki rice bowl. Make it with cheap cuts of meat.
Sukiyaki Rice Bowl instructions
- Cut the Japanese leek into 8 pieces and carefully cook in a preheated frying pan until golden brown..
- Chop the Chinese cabbage into small pieces. Slice the heart diagonally so that it will cook through more easily..
- Boil the shirataki noodles for 2 minutes to remove their smell. Rehydrate the f in water and wring gently. Cut the grilled tofu into 8 pieces..
- Make the sauce. First put just the mirin and sake to a pot and evaporate the alcohol. Once the alcohol has burned off, add all of the other sauce ingredients and gently simmer..
- Melt the beef fat in a pot and then add the sauce, Chinese cabbage, grilled tofu, shirataki noodles, and wheat gluten. Once they have cooked about 60% through, spread the beef slices out and add to the pot. Add the Japanese leek last..
- Dish out some rice and top with Step 5. Add raw egg, beni shoga red pickled ginger, and mitsuba as desired and you're finished..
The Japanese leek will also get mushy if overcooked, so add it in last. Cover; freeze until serving time. *Tip: uncooked long or medium grain rice usually triples when cooked. Gyudon originated from another dish, Gyunabe (牛鍋) and Sukiyaki (すき焼き) where thin slices of beef are cooked with vegetables in a pot. At some point, it was served over rice in a bowl as "donburi" (rice bowl). Sukiyaki can be a delicious rice bowl topping 👍 Perfect for Bento lunch box as well 😉 Sukiyaki is traditional and popular Japanese hot pot (nabemono) cooked with thinly sliced beef and some vegetables in soy based broth.