Takoyaki. Takoyaki (たこ焼き or 蛸焼) or "octopus balls" is a ball-shaped Japanese snack or appetizer made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special molded pan. Takoyaki, or Octopus Balls, are one of Japan's best-known street food originated in Osaka. Takoyaki making is quite time consuming, and the little balls are best eaten while piping hot, so I recommend a tabletop model over a takoyaki plate you put on the.
Note that, making the takoyaki starts with having the right tools like the right pan and ingredients to use. Improved recipe for the Osaka iconic delicious street food Takoyaki. Why We Love This Takoyaki Recipe. This Appetizing Takoyaki using 14 easy ingredients and 11 easy steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Takoyaki
- Prepare of Toppings are listed above.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Pickled red ginger.
- Prepare 15 g of tempura scraps.
- You need 1/3 cup of lettuce.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 of green onion.
- Prepare 2 of tsps baking powder.
- Prepare 170 g of cooked octopus.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 370 ml of dashi.
- Prepare 7 g of Katsuobushi powder (if you are using Katsuobushi, grind it into fine powder.).
- It’s of Oil for brushing the grill.
These crispy golden takoyaki balls of deliciousness taste amazing when prepared with traditional ingredients and toppings. But they're also super easy to tweak. Transport yourself to the busy side streets and summer festivals of Japan with this great-tasting takoyaki recipe. Доставка такояки, японского фастфуда Nagoya. Takoyaki is a Japanese snack made of octopus and a savory batter.
Takoyaki step by step
- Cut the lettuce (if you are using), red ginger, and green onion into finest small pieces..
- Chop the cooked octopus into small chucks/ bite size..
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder in the bowl and give a goos stir to combine all together..
- Add the eggs, dashi, and soy sauce in the bowl. Whisk all together until well-blended..
- Transfer the batter to a measuring cup or any other pitcher with a spout for easy pouring. (If you don't have any of these, use a large spoon to pour the batter to the grill pan).
- Heat the takoyaki pan over medium heat. Generously brush the oil on the whole takoyaki pan, for both holes and flat areas. When you see smoke coming from the pan, pour the batter to fill the holes and slightly overflow the holes..
- Add 1-2 octopus pieces in each hole depending on its size and sprinkle dried bonito flakes powder on top. Then sprinkle the green onion, red ginger, lettuce, and tempura scraps..
- Once you add all the fillings, see if the flat areas of the pan is covered with batter or not. If not, pour a little more just about to cover the whole pan, but not too much/ too thick layer..
- After 1-2 minutes later, or when the bottom of the balls have hardened and firmed slightly, break the connected batter between each ball with skewers/ takoyaki picks. Then turn each ball a 90 degrees, and start stuffing the edges/ extra batter as you are turing..
- The uncooked batter should now flow out from the inside of each takoyaki ball and creates the other side of the ball. Wait until the bottom parts are set again, turn the ball again. Repeat the turn and stuff process until all the batter is stuffed to form a ball shape. The key to create a nice round shape is to keep turning constantly..
- Once it's rounded and browned, transfer the takoyaki balls onto a serving plate and pour the takoyaki sauce, then mayonnaise. Finish off with sprinkling dried bonito flakes (not powder form) and dried green seaweed powder. Serve immediately, enjoy..
They are shaped like little round balls. This savory snack is a popular street food and is widely available at. Takoyaki is a fast food that's representative of Osaka.