Easy Salmon Chirashi Sushi. Chirashi sushi is made of sushi rice and a colorful medley of vegetables, egg crepe, sashimi as toppings. Learn how to make this quick and easy recipe! It has most of the ingredients, but I like to throw in some add-ons like shredded eggs crepe, snap peas, and ikura (salmon roe) to make the dish.
Chirashi means "scattered" in Japanese and typically refers to a fast-to-make bowl of rice topped with vegetables and sashimi. This recipe is wonderful, it is like a sushi scramble, just delicious! Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. You can have Easy Salmon Chirashi Sushi using 12 simple ingredients and 12 easy steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Easy Salmon Chirashi Sushi
- Prepare 540 ml of White uncooked rice.
- It’s 3 slice of Lightly salted salmon filets.
- You need 1 of to 1 1/2 Cucumber.
- Prepare 5 of Shiso leaves.
- It’s 1 of tablespoon, (to taste) Beni shouga red pickled ginger (or regular ginger if you don't have beni shouga).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of Nori seaweed.
- You need 60 ml of ★ Vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ★ Salt.
- Prepare 10 cm of Kombu.
This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila! My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare. Salmon sashimi and avocado chirashi sushi is a kid-friendly dish of Japanese vinegar garnished with different condiments or additional vegetables.
Easy Salmon Chirashi Sushi step by step
- Cook the rice with the konbu seaweed. You can omit the konbu seaweed if you like..
- While the rice is cooking, grill the salmon, take off the skin and bones and flake..
- Slice the cucumber and put it in a plastic container with a little salt. Shake it around a bit, and leave until some moisture comes out of the slices..
- Chop up the shiso, beni shouga (or regular ginger or myoga ginger. You can omit these for children)..
- Mix the ★ ingredients together in a small pan and bring to a boil to melt the sugar..
- When the rice is done, turn it out into a sushi tub (sushi oke). Alternatively, wet the inside of a large bowl, drain and then put the rice in. Mix with the sushi vinegar from Step 5..
- When the sushi rice is mixed, cool it rapidly by fanning it, and mix in the sesame seeds..
- While the rice cools, beat the eggs, season with a little salt and make usuyaki tamago (very thin omelettes). Shred finely to make kinshi tamago when cool..
- When the rice has cooled down, mix in the flaked salmon, tightly squeezed out cucumber slices, shiso and beni-shouga. Done!.
- Mound on a serving plate and top with kinshi tamago and shredded nori. Enjoy..
- This is a children's version for Hinamatsuri (Girl's Day)..
- This is an adult version for Hinamatsuri. It's topped with sugar snap pears and ikura (salmon roe)..
The key to any chirashi sushi, despite the toppings, is that the rice is seasoned with a sweet vinegar mixture. Chirashi, also called chirashizushi (ちらし寿司) is one of my favorite Japanese meals. The word "chirashi" means "scattered," so this is basically a big bowl of rice mixed with fish, vegetables, and additional ingredients of your choice. I like this dish a lot, because it's a delicious one-bowl meal that. Sushi originated as a preservation method for fish in Southeast Asia, expanding first into China and then Japan.