Simple Sweet-Tart Simmered Mackerel.
This Tasty Simple Sweet-Tart Simmered Mackerel using 8 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Simple Sweet-Tart Simmered Mackerel
- It’s 1/2 of filet Slice of mackerel (fresh).
- Prepare 30 grams of Pickled ginger (sweet and sour pickled ginger).
- You need 2 tsp of Juice from pickled ginger.
- It’s 100 ml of Sake.
- Prepare 50 ml of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tamari soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake (for seasoning).
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Sesame seeds, ichimi spice, shiso leaves.
Simple Sweet-Tart Simmered Mackerel step by step
- Make a cross cut on the skin of the mackerel, sprinkle with sake, then leave it for about 5 minutes..
- In a pot or a frying pan large enough for the mackerel to fit, put all the ingredients except for the mackerel, then turn on the heat..
- Put in the mackerel once the sauce comes to a boil. Pour the sauce from time to time, and cook over a medium heat while removing the scum for about 8 minutes..
- After turning the heat off, leave it for about 3 minutes..
- Transfer the fish without breaking the filet on a plate, garnish with shredded shiso leaves or sesame seeds, then it's done..