Fragrant with Garlic! Umeboshi and Tuna Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino. Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino is probably one of the simplest and easiest pasta dishes to make. Spaghetti, Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino or also known as Spaghetti with Oil, Garlic and Hot Pepper is probably one of the most popular Italian Pasta Dish. Today we'll be cooking with Deb one of the most traditional dishes of Italian cuisine, the spaghetti with garlic, oil and chili pepper.
You'll love this Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino recipe! So yummy, a little spicy, and quick and easy to prepare. Since there are just four ingredients, my advice would be to use good quality everything — good olive oil, real garlic cloves (not the minced stuff from the jar), good peppers (either. spaghetti with garlic and oil. You can have Fragrant with Garlic! Umeboshi and Tuna Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino using 8 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fragrant with Garlic! Umeboshi and Tuna Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino
- Prepare 200 grams of Pasta.
- You need 1 can of Canned tuna.
- It’s 3 of to 4 Umeboshi (red shiso-pickled type recommended).
- You need 3 tbsp of Garlic oil -(or plain olive oil if you don't have it).
- You need 3 of to 4 cloves ●Garlic.
- It’s 1 of or (to taste) ●Red chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of ● Umami seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Dried basil.
When the garlic turns nut-brown, add ½ cup of hot pasta water to stop the garlic cooking any further. Remove from the heat while you drain the pasta. Aglio olio e peperoncino – stock image. Create your account to save this image.
Fragrant with Garlic! Umeboshi and Tuna Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino step by step
- Prepare this much umeboshi (the photo shows the umeboshi needed for 300 g of pasta)..
- Bring plenty of water to a boil, add salt, and cook the pasta..
- Drain the canned tuna..
- De-seed the red chili pepper, and rip into little pieces. Slice the garlic cloves about 2 mm thick..
- Put the ● ingredients into a pan. Rip up the umeboshi with your hands, and turn on the heat..
- Saute over low heat slowly to bring out the flavors..
- Cook the pasta for a bit less time than indicated on the package. Add to the pan and mix together quickly..
- Transfer to serving plates, top with the tuna, sprinkle on the basil and it's done..
- Note: If increasing the amount of pasta by 1.5 x (to 300 g), use 1 can of tuna and 4 large umeboshi plums, plus 4 1/2 tablespoons of oil, 4 cloves of garlic, and 2 to 3 chili peppers..
Photo "Aglio olio e peperoncino" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. Spicy Spaghetti (Aglio, Olio E Peperoncino). Spaghetti with Chili Garlic Oil (Aglio, Olio E Peperoncino). Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Peperoncino is a traditional Italian dish that was designed to feed the poverty stricken city of Abruzzo. Centuries later, the dish — spaghetti with garlic in oil and chili flakes — is popular not only for its practicality (we do so appreciate a quick dish that doesn't strain our hip pocket).