Hearty Manila Clam Rice.
This Delicious Hearty Manila Clam Rice using 10 simple ingredients and 14 simple steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Hearty Manila Clam Rice
- Prepare 600 grams of Manila clams.
- You need 720 ml of Rice.
- Prepare 100 ml of Sake.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Burdock root.
- Prepare 1/4 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Aburaage.
- You need 1 of Shredded nori seaweed, red pickled ginger.
Hearty Manila Clam Rice instructions
- Clean the manila clams by rubbing their shells together, and wash them well. The shells may break if you rub them together too hard, so be gentle with them..
- De-gritting the clams. Pour 3 % salt water (30 g of salt for 1 liter of water) into a shallow container, spread the clams as much as possible so that they don't overlap, and leave them for 1 hour..
- Shave the burdock root, soak in vinegar water, then drain well..
- Cut the carrot into thin strips. Set 5-6 of the smaller clams aside to cook with the rice..
- Wash the rice well, and drain in a sieve..
- Steam the clams with sake. Heat 100 ml of sake in a pot, and bring it to a boil to evaporate the alcohol. Add the cleaned clams..
- Transfer to a shallow container as the clams open. The clams won't taste good if you overcook them, so transfer to the container as soon as they open..
- When cooled, remove the meat from the shells of 2/3 of the clams. Set the broth from the clams aside for later use..
- Pour the sesame oil into a frying pan, and stir-fry the burdock root and carrot. When they are cooked through, add the aburaage, soy sauce, and mirin, and simmer for 2 minutes over medium heat..
- Put the rice into a rice cooker, and add the clams that you have set aside in Step 4 on top. Add the broth from Step 8..
- Add the burdock root, carrot and aburaage on top, and add water as you would normally to cook the rice..
- When the rice is cooked, add the clam meat from Step 8, and stir to combine. Close the lid and let steam for 2 minutes, and it's done..
- Garnish with shredded nori and beni-shouga to finish!.
- It's best to de-grit the clams overnight. Refer tofor de-gritting and de-salting the clams..