Takoyaki. Takoyaki (たこ焼き or 蛸焼) or "octopus balls" is a ball-shaped Japanese snack or appetizer made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special molded pan. Takoyaki, or Octopus Balls, are one of Japan's best-known street food originated in Osaka. Takoyaki making is quite time consuming, and the little balls are best eaten while piping hot, so I recommend a tabletop model over a takoyaki plate you put on the.
Note that, making the takoyaki starts with having the right tools like the right pan and ingredients to use. Improved recipe for the Osaka iconic delicious street food Takoyaki. Why We Love This Takoyaki Recipe. You can have Takoyaki using 13 simple ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Takoyaki
- You need 1 cup of Plain Flour.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cups Dashi Stock *Or Water 1 & 1/2 cups and Dashi Powder 1/4 teaspoon.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Cooked Octopus *OR Prawns, Squid, Ham, Bacon, Cheese, Corn, etc.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Spring Onion OR Cabbage *finely chopped.
- Prepare of Red Or Pink Pickled Ginger *optional.
- You need of <Toppings>.
- You need of Pickled Ginger.
- It’s of Takoyaki Sauce OR Okonomiyaki Sauce OR Tonkatsu Sauce.
- You need of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Aonori (Dried Green Seaweed).
- It’s of Katsuobushi.
These crispy golden takoyaki balls of deliciousness taste amazing when prepared with traditional ingredients and toppings. But they're also super easy to tweak. Transport yourself to the busy side streets and summer festivals of Japan with this great-tasting takoyaki recipe. Доставка такояки, японского фастфуда Nagoya. Takoyaki is a Japanese snack made of octopus and a savory batter.
- Cut the cooked Octopus into bite size pieces. Octopus is hard to find for me, so I often use cooked Prawns or Squid..
- Place Plain Flour, Dashi Stock, Egg and Soy Sauce in a mixing bowl and mix well. If you have a measuring cup or jag with a handle, pour the batter in them first so that it’s easier to pour the batter onto the pan..
- Heat the pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, use a brush to oil the pan, quite generously, and lower the heat to medium to low..
- Pour the batter to fill the bowls of the pan. Add 1-2 Octopus pieces in each hole and sprinkle on the Spring Onion and Pickled Ginger. Pour a little bit more batter over..
- When the bottom of the balls is hardened enough, turn each piece over. The batter flows out from the inside of each bowl and creates the other side of the ball. Flip the ball occasionally to cook evenly..
- When outside is golden, transfer onto a plate and pour Takoyaki Sauce, and other toppings. Serve immediately..
- *Note: You don't have either Takoyaki Sauce, Okonomiyaki Sauce OR Tonkatsu Sauce? Don't give up. Create your own sauce by adding Soy Sauce, Ketchup and/or Oyster Sauce to BBQ sauce..
They are shaped like little round balls. This savory snack is a popular street food and is widely available at. Takoyaki is a fast food that's representative of Osaka.