Tender Sardines Simmered in a Pressure Cooker with Pickled Ume and Vinegar. Great recipe for Tender Sardines Simmered in a Pressure Cooker with Pickled Ume and Vinegar. I cooked these in a pressure cooker until they were tender to the bones so that my fish-loving daughter could eat them. Since vinegar softens the bones, I used black vinegar.
Peel beets and slice; place in a bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, cloves, allspice and salt. With this board we try to give you inspiration on how to cook with umeboshi. You can have Tender Sardines Simmered in a Pressure Cooker with Pickled Ume and Vinegar using 8 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Tender Sardines Simmered in a Pressure Cooker with Pickled Ume and Vinegar
- Prepare 10 of Sardines.
- Prepare 100 ml of ◎ Water.
- Prepare 50 ml of ◎ Sake.
- You need 50 ml of ◎ Black vinegar (or regular vinegar).
- You need 1 tbsp of ◎ Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎ Soy sauce.
- It’s 10 slice of ◎ Sliced ginger.
- You need 1 of ◎ Umeboshi (large).
See more ideas about Umeboshi recipe, Food, Recipes. Sardines are small, oily, saltwater fish with soft bones. Because sardines are soft-boned, people typically eat them whole; the bones provide a source of calcium. Cooking sardines in a pressure cooker helps the flavor of your sauce permeate into the fish and soften the bone.
Tender Sardines Simmered in a Pressure Cooker with Pickled Ume and Vinegar instructions
- Make a small cut into the belly of the sardines, remove the guts, and rinse..
- Combine the ◎ ingredients in the pressure cooker, then place the sardines inside. Cover with the lid, then cook over high heat. When the pressure gauge rises, reduce the heat to low and cook for 12 minutes..
- Allow the contents to cool inside the pressure cooker until the gauge drops, then transfer the sardines to a plate. Simmer the liquid, then drizzle over the sardines and serve..
- Large sardines should take about 20 minutes to cook in the pressure cooker..
Lock the pressure cooker and set over high heat. When the valve starts to whistle, lower the heat and cook for an hour to an hour and a half, depending on the size of the fish. Place the pressure cooker in the sink and run cold water over it. See more ideas about Sardine recipes, Sardines, Recipes. When you blend it with apple cider vinegar in this saturated beverage, you are bound to feel brilliant yourself.