Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs. Our beef meatballs are simmered in tomato sauce, sprinkled with parmesan, and covered with provolone for a truly indulgent taste of home. Meatballs, provolone, tomato sauce & parmesan cheese. (Not available in all locations). Because a meatball sub is the definition of comfort: saucy meatballs, melty cheese, toasted bread — what more could you want?
Meatball subs are a hot item at the deli. This meatball sub recipe is the best!. They're perfect for appetizers, meatballs subs or on top of spaghetti. You can have Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs using 40 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs
- You need of ● For The Meatballs [halved].
- Prepare of Kirkland Italian Style Beef Meatballs [no subs – excuse the pun].
- You need of ● For The Sauce & Seasonings.
- You need 2 (24 oz) of Cans Hunts Spaghetti Sauce [garlic & herb & mushroom].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Chopped Basil Leaves.
- It’s 3 Dashes of Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 of LG Bay Leaf.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fresh Oregano Leaves [minced].
- It’s 2 Dashes of Dried Fennel Seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Celery Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Granulated Sugar [or less ' add slowly & taste test].
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables & Fruits.
- It’s 1 of Medium Firm Tomato [chopped].
- It’s 1/2 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1/2 of LG Green Bell Pepper [de-seeded – chopped].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Yellow Bell Pepper [de-seeded – chopped].
- It’s 5 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed & fine minced].
- You need 1 Stalk of Fresh Celery [thin sliced & minced].
- Prepare 1 Can of LG Black Olives [drained & halved].
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Sliced Mushrooms.
- You need 1 of LG Jalapeño [de-seeded & minced].
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- It’s of ● For The Bread Options [toasted].
- You need as needed of LG Fresh Hogie Rolls.
- You need as needed of LG Fresh Lobster Rolls.
- You need as needed of Softened Garlic Herb Butter.
- Prepare of ● For The Sides/Options [as needed].
- It’s of Smoked Provolone Cheese [room temp].
- You need of Grated Mozzarella Cheese [room temp].
- It’s of Shaved Parmesan Cheese [room temp].
- It’s of Fine Minced Fresh Parsley [chilled].
- It’s of Fine Shreadded Lettuce [chilled].
- You need Slices of Fresh Tomato [chilled].
- You need of Thin Sliced Red Onions [chilled].
- It’s of Your Favorite Hot Sauce [shaken & chilled].
- It’s of Pickled Yellow Pepperoncinis [chilled].
- Prepare of Pickled Jalapeño Peppers [chilled].
If I'm making a classic Italian meatball recipe, I like to use lean ground beef. Sometimes I'll even add in ground pork to make them a little juicier. Meatballs and super bowl parties go hand in hand and when they are smoked meatballs full of cheesy goodness, it's a no brainer! Serving the cheesy smoked meatballs simply means that you bring them into the house (after having Wrap in half slices of bacon.
Mike's Smokey Beef Meatballs For Subs step by step
- Add oil to a thick bottom pot. Chop all vegetables and add to heated pot. Sauté until vegetables are translucent. About 5 to 7 minutes..
- Add your seasonings and spaghetti sauces. At simmer, cook for ten minutes longer. Stir occasionally. De-thaw your 2 pounds meatballs in the microwave..
- In the meantime, butter and toast your hogies in oven at 350° for 5 minutes. Or, until browned and crispy. Add slices of Provolone Cheese to base of your warm toasted rolls. This will stop the bread from becoming soggy..
- Add your meatballs and simmer 15 minutes longer uncovered. Stir occasionally. You'll want your sauce to thicken up a bit..
- One of the best brands I've ever tasted!.
- Cheeses required. Room temperature..
- Chilled pickled Pepperoncini and Jalapeño Peppers pictured..
- You can also serve these meatballs and sauce over noodles coated with garlic butter [or olive oil] once noodles are drained. It's a great way to keep your noodles fresh and toothy until served..
- Serve your piping hot halved meatballs with chilled sides on a separate dish. Also, with ice cold beers in frosty frozen mugs..
- Toast bread with 2 slices of Provolone. Add halved meatballs and grated melted Mozzarella on top..
Use these for meatball subs (delicious). Actually this is sorta dinner…sorta lunch or sorta appetizer food. And let's just say I'm still working on losing the ell-bees I gained while I was there! Smokehouse Products Little Chief Manual Online: Little Chief'' Smokey Meatballs Waikiki, Smokey Meatballs Italiano, Little Chief'' Smokey Franks, Little Simmer for ½ hour. Add. meatballs and heat an additional ½ hour until sauce thickens.