Katsudon. Try this recipe for Katsudon, a popular Japanese bowl dish of tonkatsu, or breaded deep-fried pork, and eggs in a sweet and salty broth over rice. Katsudon is a fried, panko-breaded pork cutlet with egg over rice and a favorite of Japanese restaurant-goers. Cut Tonkatsu into strips, set aside.
This Baked Katsudon (Japanese Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl) recipe is the rice bowl of your dream. This Katsudon, deep-fried pork cutlet bowl has a perfect balance of sweetness and saltiness Recipe Notes. Katsudon, made with leftover tonkatsu (pork cutlet), eggs, sauteed onions and a sweet and savory sauce over a bowl of rice is a perenial favorite in Japan. This Appetizing Katsudon using 8 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Katsudon
- Prepare 2 sheets of Tonkatsu.
- Prepare 100 g of onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce : (A).
- You need 2 tbsp of Mirin (2 tbsp Sake/white wine + 1 tsp sugar) : (A).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dashi powder : (A).
- You need 50 mL of water : (A).
- It’s 2 cups of freshly cooked rice (as much as you want!).
- It’s of for topping pickled ginger (optional).
It has become a modern tradition for Japanese students to eat katsudon the night before taking a major test or school entrance exam. To celebrate today's YoI concert livestream and movie news I made some katsudon So here we go, my super tasty veggie-katsudon recipe, just for you! Katsudon (Japanese: カツ丼) is a Japanese dish consisting of a bowl of rice (Japanese: 丼 donburi) topped with a breaded pork cutlet (Japanese: 豚カツ tonkatsu), an egg omelette, vegetables, and other condiments. It is the favourite dish of Yuuri Katsuki.
Katsudon step by step
- Cut the onion into 5 mm wedges. Slice the Tonkatsu about 1.5 cm width..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl..
- Mix the condiments (A) in a frying pan. Heat the frying pan until it comes to a boil..
- Add the cut onion to the frying pan. Simmer them over medium heat for a few minutes..
- Place the Tonkatsu evenly in the frying pan. Then pour the beaten eggs evenly on the surface and simmer for about 2~3 minutes. Then put a lid over the frying pan and turn the heat off. Leave the frying pan for a few minutes..
- Serve the freshly cooked rice in a bowl and serve the meal over the rice..
The English dub describes it as a "pork cutlet bowl". Katsudon is a donburi (rice bowl dish) topped with pork cutlet and egg. You can serve katsudon for lunch and dinner without any other side dishes, but I recommend serving it with hot or cold oolong tea. Katsudon (カツ丼) is popular Japanese food consisting a bowl of rice topped with a deep-fried pork Katsudon Ingredients. Receta de katsudon, un donburi o plato con arroz japonés muy popular donde el ingrediente principal es carne de cerdo empanada.