Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi). Scattered Sushi (Chirashizushi) is often made for special occasions such as Dolls Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila!
Don't be limited by the toppings suggested here. Use your imagination to create a dish that suits your palate. This plant-based Chirashizushi(ちらし寿司, literally "scattered sushi") has seasoned vegetables and mushrooms mixed into sushi rice, before being covered in vibrant snap peas, marinated peppers, and benishoga (red ginger). #sushi #japanese #washoku #japan #vegan #vegetarian #meatless #plantbased Chirashizushi, known as "scattered sushi," is served on plates or bowls with colorful toppings. You can have Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) using 12 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi)
- Prepare 4 cups of vinegared sushi rice → https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/250450-vinegared-sushi-rice.
- You need 2 of shiitake mushrooms (soak them in water for more than 1 hour.).
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot (peel and cut into thin sticks).
- It’s 1 of abura-age (deep-fried tofu).
- It’s 2 of eggs for kinshi-tamago (shredded thin omelette for topping).
- It’s 1 bunch of spinach (trimmed and blanched in boiling water and cut into 3 cm for topping).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of red pickled ginger (for topping).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 280 ml of dashi (use the soaking liquid from shiitake mushrooms) *.
- It’s 40 ml of soy sauce *.
- You need 40 ml of mirin *.
- You need 30-40 g of sugar, to taste *.
Our version stars California walnuts accompanied by tuna, salmon, olives and avocados, on a bed of sushi rice that has been tossed with a rice wine vinegar and sugar mixture. Chirashizushi is enjoyed as much for its presentation as for its flavor, lightness and ease of preparation. It is a popular party-style presentation of sushi rice, usually served family style in a large bowl or platter. Choose a good mixture of colors and textures.
Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) step by step
- Remove stems of shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly. Cut aburaage into short strips..
- Put shiitake mushrooms, carrot, abura-age, and the * ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium heat, then lower the heat, and continue to simmer until the liquid is almost gone. Let them cool..
- Put vinegared sushi rice, simmered vegetables into a (wooden sushi) bowl and mix together..
- Top with kinshi-tamago, pickled ginger, spinach, sesame to finish..
Chirashizushi – Scattered Sushi & The Hinamatsuri Tradition Yuki Gomi is a Japanese chef, food writer and cookery teacher based in London. Her mission is to educate and share just how simple, nourishing and delicious Japanese food can be. Great recipe for Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi). Chirashizushi is a dish with a lot of colorful toppings and full of vegetables, seasonal ingredients, raw fish and so on.