Okonomiyaki. Okonomiyaki (literally means 'grilled as you like it') is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments. What is Okonomiyaki? (お好み焼き) It's a traditional Japanese food that is sometimes called "Japanese Pancake" or "Japanese Pizza". It's a savory dish that is a bit more.
These delicious savory pancakes are filled with cabbage, scallions, and more. Okonomiyaki, or savory cabbage pancakes, are the bar snack of choice in Kumamoto, Japan. Get the recipe at Food and Wine. You can have Okonomiyaki using 15 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki
- You need 200 g of cabbage (mince into 1 cm cubes).
- It’s 100 g of pork slices (belly is good but use a part suited to your taste).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of red pickled ginger, chopped (to taste).
- It’s of *80 g flour.
- You need of *1/2 tsp salt.
- It’s of *1 tsp sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sauce.
- Prepare 120 ml of dashi (or 120ml water + 2 tsp dashi powder).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sesame (vegetable) oil.
- You need of For topping (as much as you like):.
- It’s of Dried bonito flakes.
- Prepare of Green laver/aonori.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Worcester sauce.
Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) literally means "grilled as you like it" in Japanese. As the name implies, what goes into it and how it's prepared depends largely on your preferences. Okonomiyaki (���D�ݏĂ�) is a popular pan-fried dish that consists of batter and cabbage. Selected toppings and ingredients are added which can vary greatly (anything from meat and seafood.
Okonomiyaki step by step
- Sift the * ingredients in a bowl and pour soy sauce and dashi (in several divided times) and mix well. If you have time, leave to rest for 2-3 hours in the fridge..
- Put cabbage, red pickled ginger into the mix from step 1 and mix 20 times. And then put in the egg and mix 10 times..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and pour in the mixture. Place slices of pork on top and cook it for about 5 mins with lid until well browned and flip over..
- Cook on the other side for 5~6 mins with lid. And flip over again and cook for 2~3 mins without lid..
- Pour Worcester sauce and mayonnaise over it and garnish with dried bonito flakes and green laver as much as you like..
Okonomiyaki are the Japanese Street Food Pancakes of your dreams. No not the fluffy pancakes that you've seen float around the internet, these are better. drizzle mayo after you take okonomiyaki out to plate and drizzle worcester sauce and sprinkle crushed seaweed on it. You do not need okonomiyaki sauce or tonkatsu sauce. Our okonomiyaki recipe provides easy step-by-step instructions for making your favourite Japanese savoury Okonomiyaki Savoury Pancake. Okonomiyaki – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.