Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche. In this Mexican-inspired shrimp cocktail recipe, the shrimp are lightly poached in lime-infused water for a twist on a classic ceviche. This Mexican-inspired, ceviche-style shrimp cocktail is based on a recipe by famed chef Rick Bayless, a master of Mexican cuisine. But this isn't a ceviche in the true.
Spicy shrimp ceviche served with avocado, celery and olive, perfect as an appetizer or a late night snack. This easy Mexican ceviche takes minutes to prepare and is perfect for weekend gatherings and game nights. Last year I marveled at a chef demonstration when he so easily and quickly demonstrated homemade ceviche. You can have Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche using 29 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche
- You need 3 Pounds of Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp [chopped – tails removed].
- Prepare 4 of Habenero Peppers [fine chopped].
- Prepare 4 of EX Large Jalapeños [2 fine diced 2 sliced].
- Prepare 2 Cups of Calmato Juice [or more – well shaken – no substitutes].
- You need 3 tbsp of Tapatio Hot Pepper Sauce [or more – no substitutes].
- You need 1 of EX LG Cucumber [fine diced – seeds removed].
- Prepare 1 of LG EX Firm Tomato [small chop].
- You need 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- You need 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Bell Pepper [fine minced].
- You need 1/2 of Vidalia Onion [fine diced].
- It’s 1/2 of Red Onion [fine diced].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Radishes [sliced].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Fine Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Pickled Onions & Carrots [optional].
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin [or less].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Chives [fine chopped].
- You need to taste of Cracked Sea Salt.
- It’s to taste of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar [optional if not using Vidalia onions].
- Prepare of ● For The Options.
- Prepare as needed of Sliced Avocados [to be added just prior to serving].
- It’s as needed of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare as needed of Garlic Triskets.
- It’s as needed of Tortilla Chips.
- It’s as needed of Pita Chips.
Pathetically, I hadn't realized that the seafood was "cooked" from the acidity of. This shrimp ceviche might be my most favorite thing EVER. It's inspired by the ceviche I always order at one of my favorite LA restaurants, Corazon y Miel. He sort of blurs the lines of tradition, taking what he likes from each region's version of a dish.
Mike's Spicy Mexican Shrimp Ceviche instructions
- Chop up all of your fresh vegetables and add all other ingredients. Mix well..
- Jumbo Shrimp pictured..
- Clamato and Tapatio Mexican Hot Sauce pictured. If you use any other brands – I can't guarantee the outcome. 😔.
- Chill for at least 3 or, 12 hours if possible. Serve with fresh crispy saltine crackers, Triskets, cream cheese, additional hot sauce and ice cold Mexican beers with lime wedges. This is also great wrapped in flour tortillas..
Keyword: SHRIMP CAMARONES, SPICY MEXICAN STEWED SHRIMP. Tag @theforkedspoon with hashtag #theforkedspoon and please leave your star rating in the comment section below. Spicy shrimp ceviche is a cool dish that takes little prep time. Chop shrimp into ½-inch pieces and place in a medium-size, stainless-steel or ceramic bowl. Add lemon juice, lime juice, red onion and chiles.