Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup. Vietnamese SOUR CLAM SOUP はまぐりの酸っぱいスープ Canh chua ngao. Vietnamese soup is also appreciated by many foreign tourists. The special fragrance of the enydra fluctuans, the crunchiness of the bean sprouts, and the slight sourness of tamarind make the sour water spinach tamarind soup.
I love the clean flavors of this Vietnamese Hot and Sour Soup called, Canh Chua. Brothy, flavorful with a little heat, this vegan soup is rich and tangy, perfect for detoxing after all the holiday indulgences. A regional guide to the most slurp-worthy bowls to eat in Vietnam. You can cook Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup using 8 simple ingredients and 12 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup
- It’s 1 kg of clams.
- You need 1 1/2 of bowl water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of soup base.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of pineapple.
- It’s 3 of slices pickled pig's ear.
- Prepare 2 of stalks green onion.
- It’s 1 handful of Vietnamese laksa (Rau răm) and rice paddy herb (rau ngổ) if available. If not, coriander is fine..
There are Vietnamese sweet and sour soup recipes that call for tamarind but I have tried tamarind paste, tamarind blocks, and tamarind concentrate but could never reproduce the right quantities needed for the perfect sour flavor of this dish. It's much easier to just use lemon juice. When you are ready to serve the soup, fill the serving bowls about halfway full with noodles. Then cover with the hot broth, and immediately stir in the steak so that it.
Vietnamese Sour Clam Soup instructions
- Soak and clean the clams then boil them with 1 1/2 bowls of water until bubbling and the clams’ shells are open..
- When the clams are cooked through, pour them into a strainer..
- Drain the boiled water into a bowl..
- Pick out the cooked clams and set aside..
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges..
- Slice the pineapple into 0.5 cm pieces..
- Wash the green onion and cut it into 2 cm-long pieces. Rinse the laksa leaves and rice paddy herbs then chop them into small pieces..
- Stir-fry the clams until lightly cooked to absorb the spices with soup base..
- Add and lightly fry the tomatoes and pineapples..
- Add the boiled clam liquid, pickled pig’s ears, and bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning if needed..
- When the soup boils, add spring onions, laksa leaves, rice paddy herbs and turn off the heat..
- This sweet and sour clam soup is excellent with rice!.
In Vietnam, cabbage rolls are served in broth. The cabbage rolls may be steamed, baked or simmered and served with a sauce. The sauce can be sour cream, yogurt, tomato-based or made with lingonberry jam. The Best Vietnamese Fish Soup Recipes on Yummly Vietnamese Fish And Noodle Soup, Vietnamese Fish Soup With Chinese Celery And Tomatoes (canh Ca Nau Ngot), Fish Soup With Lemongrass.