Thai style steamed bass 泰式酸辣鱼🐟.
This Tasty Thai style steamed bass 泰式酸辣鱼🐟 using 10 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Thai style steamed bass 泰式酸辣鱼🐟
- It’s 1 of large bass ~1 lb.
- You need 1 of lemon or lime juice.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of pickled chilli.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- You need 1 head of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of sweet thai basil leaves roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro roughly chopped (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green onion roughly chopped (optional).
Thai style steamed bass 泰式酸辣鱼🐟 instructions
- Salt cure fish for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge to firm up its flesh..
- Rinse the fish and cut them in half if it is too big. Score evenly on both sides of the fish to allow it to cook faster..
- Place the fish in a large plate and set it on a steamer (bamboo preferred). Place lemon rind (after juice is removed to make sauce) in the fish belly as well a stalk of lemon grass if handy. Steam on high for 10 minutes..
- To prepare the sauce: mix together 1 whole lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 cup of water on medium heat, until sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in 1 tablespoon of minced pickled chili. Season it with fish sauce. The sauce should be a little over saltier than a soup. Turn off the heat and allow the liquid to cool down a little bit for about 1 minute. Add a whole head of minced garlic. Set aside until the fish is done..
- Once the fish is done steaming. Discard the liquid in the plate as well as all lemons and other herbs. Pour the dressing sauce over onto the fish and garnish with fresh thai sweet basil, cilantro and green onions. Serve hot or cold..