Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼. Versions of this steamed fish are made all over China, but in Shanghai the recipe always contains a little aged soy sauce. Chinese Steamed Chicken with Ginger Scallion Sauce 姜䓤白切雞 by youcancookgourmet.com with Joyce Ho. Video shot by Colvin Jason Exconde.
Make meatballs: mix turkey, scallions, cilantro, egg, sesame oil, soy sauce and several grindings of pepper in a bowl. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. In a skillet over medium-high heat, generously cover bottom of pan with vegetable oil. You can have Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼 using 8 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼
- You need half of pound fresh bass.
- It’s 1 Tsp of home pickled chillies.
- You need 2 of large scallions.
- It’s 3 slice of fresh Ginger root.
- It’s of sea salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of white shaoxing cooking wine or sake.
- You need 1 Tsp of Lee kun kee seasoned soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Olive oil and toasted sesame oil mix 1:1.
Working in batches to avoid crowding, place meatballs in pan. Learn how to cook the real-deal Chinese scallion pancakes that are light and crispy. Here are the step-by-step pictures in case you don't have time to watch the video: Authentic Chinese Scallion Pancakes (葱油饼). Don't be alarmed with the amount of oil in this sauce, this sauce is supposed to have a bit of oil it in, the green onions and ginger flavors actually get infused right into it.
Steamed bass with scallions, pickled chillies and Ginger葱油鲈鱼 instructions
- Evenly coat freshly cleaned bass with fine seasalt inside out. Be relax with the amount of salt for you will rinse it off before cooking. Cure you fish for 3 hours at room temperature or overnight in a fridge..
- Right before cooking, rinse surface salt off from your fish by allowing it under tap water for 20 seconds inside out. Dry it up with paper towels completely and place it in a plate..
- Arrange shredded Ginger, pickled chillies even on top of the fish. Pour in 1/4 cup shaoxing white cooking wine. Steam on high heat for 10 minutes(count from when you see constant steam rising up).
- Get a skillet on high heat right before fish is done steaming, warm up 2 Tsp of Olive oil mix with toasted sesame oil at 1:1 in ratio until right before smoking..
- Finally arrange sliced scallions on top of steamed fish. Pour in 1 Tsp of seasoned sot sauce, then quickly pour hot oil onto the fish. Serve hot..
Sea Bass with Pickled Vegetable Noodle 酸菜鲈鱼鱼煨面 (Spicy 辣). Dried Shrimp and Scallion Dry Noodle 开洋葱油拌面. Steamed Cod with Ginger and ScallionsLeite's Culinaria. rice vinegar, cod fillets, ginger, soy sauce, scallions. Steamed Fish with Scallions and GingerPanlasang coarse salt, soy sauce, peeled fresh ginger, scallions, ground pepper… Steamed Walleye with Tatsoi, Ginger, and ScallionsSerious Eats. Ginger and scallion chicken and steamed rice is my ideal and homey meal.