Squash with coconut milk (ginataang kalabasa). Ginataang kalabasa or squash with coconut milk is one of the simplest Filipino vegetable recipes. This recipe has more pork in it, half of the amount of squash so it is more meaty. And when selecting or buying squash, look for young squash with the greenish colored peel and not brown because it is already tough and flesh is very firm.
As the name connotes, ginataan refers to any dish cooked in coconut milk or coconut cream. This dish makes use of shrimps with shells and head on, string beans, squash, and malunggay leaves (moringa). "Squash and Long Beans in Coconut Milk" is a popular Filipino dish often enjoyed with rice (make it a garlic fried rice for an even more enjoyable experience). Sometimes, it's cooked with shrimp or pork, or shrimp paste. This Tasty Squash with coconut milk (ginataang kalabasa) using 8 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Squash with coconut milk (ginataang kalabasa)
- Prepare 1/2 medium of squash.
- Prepare 1 bunch of string beans / green beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of shrimps.
- You need 2 tbsp of shrimp paste.
- It’s 2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
But my sister likes it simple -just with squash, long beans, and coconut milk as the main ingredients. Ginataang kalabasa is a vegetable dish made from squash cooked in coconut milk. It is a creamy and delicious dish, rich in vitamins and minerals -good for the eyes. Best served during lunch or dinner with hot steamed white rice.
Squash with coconut milk (ginataang kalabasa) instructions
- Heat oil. Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add shrimps. Once cooked, remove from pan..
- Heat coconut milk and add shrimp paste. Bring to a boil..
- Put squash. Cook until tender (about 10 mins).
- Add in the shrimps and the beans. Simmer for about 6 minutes. Salt or shrimp paste to taste..
These ingredients are cooked in coconut milk and coconut cream. Pork Ginataan with Squash and String Beans is a rich and delicious Filipino dish that makes use of pork, coconut milk, and vegetables such as squash and string beans. You can do this with other types of meat and even with seafood such as crab. How to cook squash with coconut milk (ginataang kalabasa) Hi friends, happy watching! Ginataang kalabasa, also known as kalabasa sa gata, is a Filipino vegetable stew made from calabaza in coconut milk and spices.