Korean spicy seafood pot. Make this hearty, spicy Korean seafood hot pot (haemul jeongol). It's packed with savory and briny flavors, bubbling hot, and visually appealing! Haemul jeongol is made with an assortment of seafood.
It's loaded with prawns, mussels and vegetables. I'm a firm believer in that food tastes best when it is kept hot during the meal! If you like this recipe, you might also like. You can cook Korean spicy seafood pot using 12 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean spicy seafood pot
- You need 1 of fish.
- Prepare 2 of crabs.
- You need 1 dozen of shrimp.
- Prepare 1 bunch of watercress.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of tofu.
- Prepare 1 small of chopped radish.
- You need 1 bunch of enoki mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely grounded dry red pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
Come see how we made ours. It's our first attempt and it's pretty good. Not hard to make and doesn't take that long. Spicy Korean food can make your mouth water and your face turn red.
Korean spicy seafood pot instructions
- Add about 5 cups in a pot with a lid.
- Add grounded red pepper, garlic, salt, soy sauce, radish, onion.
- Bring to boil.
- Add fish (I prefer chopped whole fish with head for broth), all the seafood stack it nicely, cover lid.
- When the seafood is almost cooked add watercress (you can put alot cus they wither down alot!), tofu, enoki mushrooms, cover lid bring to boil.
- Add salt to taste.
Buldak is usually served over rice cakes or steamed egg casserole to help counteract the spiciness, this dish is not for the faint of heart. Make this hearty, spicy Korean seafood hot pot (haemul jeongol). It's packed with savory and briny flavors, bubbling hot, and visually appealing! Not to mention it's perfect for cold winter days! There are two majorly popular Chinese inspired Korean foods.