Mild Shrimp Chili Rice. Serving Ideas for Shrimp and Red Bean Chili. I like to serve it directly into the bowl with some spicy red chili flakes and extra sliced peppers. It is great over rice as well.
Naturally mild shrimp and rice are injected with Mexican flavor, both in the shrimp's cooking broth and the rice's pureed pepper sauce. Great recipe for Mild Shrimp Chili Rice. I wanted to eat this as one dish. – This uses a lot of ingredients, so I think it will go more smoothly if you prepare them beforehand. – You can use milk if you do not have heavy cream. You can cook Mild Shrimp Chili Rice using 20 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Mild Shrimp Chili Rice
- Prepare 20 of Shrimp (Black Tiger).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko.
- You need of Shrimp chili sauce:.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- Prepare 1/2 of A. Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of A. Celery (just the stalk).
- You need 1 clove of A. Garlic.
- Prepare 1 piece of A. Ginger.
- It’s 1 of one 400 grams can B. Diced canned tomatoes.
- You need 100 ml of B. Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of B. Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of B. Chicken soup stock granules.
- You need 2 tbsp of B. Vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of B. Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of B. Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of B. Pepper.
- You need 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of as much (to taste) Warm rice.
Add a bit more milk than the amount of cream in this recipe. Arrange shrimp evenly on a serving plate. Sprinkle with chile slices, puffed rice, and chile flakes. Serve immediately with sauce on the side.
Mild Shrimp Chili Rice step by step
- Shell the shrimp, and remove the veins and tails. Sprinkle with sake to remove the fishy odor. Finely chop the ingredients marked A, as shown in this photo..
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan, and saute the doubanjiang. Add the finely-chopped ingredients marked A, and saute until the onions are translucent..
- Add all of the ingredients marked with a B, and cook for about 10~15 minutes. Be careful not too cook it over high heat, otherwise the tomatoes will spatter. You'll want to cook it down until it thickens..
- Add heavy cream for the finishing touch and simmer for about 1 minute to finish the sauce..
- Dry the shrimp, and place into a plastic bag. Add the katakuriko and coat the shrimp..
- Coat a different pan with vegetable oil, and cook the shrimp..
- Add the shrimp to the pan with the sauce, coat the shrimp with the sauce and serve..
- Pour over rice, and enjoy!.
Then, toss the shrimp with a little oil, garlic, kosher salt and red chili flakes. Cook the onion and peppers in a hot skillet until softened, then transfer them to a bowl. In fry pan, heat olive oil. Add chili powder and saute until caramelized. Remove from heat and pour into crock pot.