Chili Shrimp Made Easily with a Sweet Chili-Mayonnaise. I used peeled shrimp, so the prep work is easy. The spiciness of the sweet chili varies by brand, so adjust accordingly. This time I used one that was relatively mild.
You simply toss the shrimp in a combination of soy sauce, olive oil, sweet Thai chili sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic and cook them in a hot skillet for a couple of minutes on each side. I love shrimp, especially when I cook shrimp with chili. This chili shrimp recipe is made of shrimp, Thai sweet chili sauce and lime. This Perfect Chili Shrimp Made Easily with a Sweet Chili-Mayonnaise using 5 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Chili Shrimp Made Easily with a Sweet Chili-Mayonnaise
- It’s 170 grams of Peeled shrimp.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ＊Sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ＊Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil (for frying).
To spice up the heat level, I added some Roaster brand chili garlic sauce. In a small bowl whisk together chili sauce, soy sauce, water and cornstarch until combined and set aside. If shrimp isn't really your thing, try this Sweet Chili Chicken from Dinner at the Zoo, or this Sweet and Sour Chicken from Dinner, Then Dessert. I recommend using large or jumbo sized shrimp.; Shrimp are done cooking when they have turned completely pink.
Chili Shrimp Made Easily with a Sweet Chili-Mayonnaise instructions
- I used easy-to-prep peeled shrimp. When using other shrimp, remove the shell and veins..
- Combine the ＊ ingredients for the sauce. Wash the shrimp quickly, pat dry and sprinkle with katakuriko..
- Coat a pan with cooking oil, and saute the shrimp from Step 2..
- Add in the ＊ sauce once the shrimp have turned red, and coat..
- Tip: It's better to use uncooked shrimp, although using pre-boiled shrimp is faster..
Sweet Chili Shrimp is easy to make. I got the a sweet chili sauce recipe so I can make this Thai shrimp stir fry. This is a great-tasting dip or sauce to serve as a sandwich spread, or serve with chicken fingers, wings, or sweet potato fries. The mixture of mayonnaise with the sweet and hot sauces yields a simple but flavorful sauce that you'll love. I found this chili sauce in Kroger supermarket- however any brand sweet chili sauce can be used here.