Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste. Stewed mackerel with Gochujang sauce, radish, pumpkin and Kimchi, Korean food. Gochujang (fermented red chili pepper paste) is a condiment that's spicy, savory, slightly sweet, and pungent. It adds lots of spicy, robust flavors to this simple stew which is made with a few very ordinary ingredients such as zucchini and potatoes.
Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. If gochujang hasn't made it to your pantry yet, this stew recipe would also work with virtually any miso. Wondering if I used the correct chili paste. This Delicious Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste using 10 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste
- Prepare 2 fillets of Mackerel.
- Prepare 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- It’s 1 of knob Ginger.
- Prepare 200 ml of Japanese leek (or green onion).
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Gochujang.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 133 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame seeds.
It's Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste, in a red plastic Came together super quickly. I didn't have any daikon radish, so added some frozen mixed. 고등어 무조림 간단하고 맛이 보장된 음식 밥반찬, 술안주로 좋지요 (Making Mackerel Daikon Stewed). Gochujang or red chili paste is a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment made from chili powder, glutinous rice, meju (fermented soybean) powder, yeotgireum (barley malt powder), and salt. Korean bulgogi, BBQ, pork done Vietnamese banh mi style with Vietnamese pickled daikon radish & carrots, kimchi, gochujang mayo and sesame mayo.
Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste instructions
- Cut each fillet into 3 even pieces. Sprinkle lightly with salt and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up the flesh..
- Peel the daikon radish and cut into 1-cm thick half rounds. Thinly slice the ginger. Cut the Japanese leek into 3-cm lengths. Grate or crush the garlic..
- Put the daikon radish in a sauce pan. (It will break apart while cooking if you add the fish first)..
- Add the mackerel, Japanese leek. ginger, grated garlic, and sake..
- Add the gochujiang, soy sauce, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer..
- Ladle the sauce over the fish occasionally to allow the mackerel to absorb the flavour. It's done when the daikon becomes tender. Sprinkle with plenty of sesame seeds..
I wanted to go with a mayonnaise that had a hit of Korean flavour but I was torn between two; a spicy gochujang mayo and a sesame mayo, and in. Ingredient-wise, the daikon radish, zucchini and chili peppers are a must. The Best Chinese Radish Recipes on Yummly A pollack fish stew made with pepper and assorted vegetables. Comes with following side dishes: one cabbage kimchi, one radish kimchi, three daily made dishes.