Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish. Put that fresh asparagus to good use in this wonderful creamy soup! Asparagus and garlic are Deliciously creamy, yet healthy and easy to make soup with roasted garlic and asparagus. Ladle into bowls. (see notes for making ahead).
The onions and garlic were great flavor enhancers but to kick it up a notch I sautéed some chopped yellow and red bell peppers along with the garlic and onions for additional flavor and garnish. Juicy prawns in a sweet, spicy, garlicky sauce, this Chilli Garlic Prawns is super quick to make but packs a serious flavour punch! A quick prawn recipe loaded with BIG flavours! This Yummy Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish using 13 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish
- You need 1 kg of fresh green or white asparagus or use 4 cans of asparagus..
- It’s 12 clove of garlic I used smoked garlic.
- It’s 25 grams of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 liter of vegetable stock ( use less if you use the canning water).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of water ( cold).
- You need 150 grams of precooked large peeled prawns.
- It’s 1 of or two pinch each of salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of dried wild garlic or 2 tablespoon of fresh wild garlic.
- It’s 100 ml of whipping cream (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 12 of asparagus tips.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Carefully remove the prawns from the frying pan with a slotted spoon. Serve immediately with some of the flavoured cooking oil drizzled over, with lemon wedges and perhaps some bread for dipping. Add asparagus pieces and mix with a hand blender. After a few minutes add asparagus tips and mix together.
Sig's Garlic and Asparagus Soup with Chilli Prawn garnish step by step
- Trim the hard, woody ends of the fresh asparagus and cut into about 1 inch pieces..
- Soften 8 or 9 cloves garlic in 4 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes. Melt the butter in a flame proof dish . Add asparagus and sauté for about 6 minutes . Do not fry or brown ..
- Add the stock, the softened garlic with water, and any canning juices if using canned asparagus..
- Skim if necessary. Simmer for about 5 minutes . Remove twelve of the fresh asparagus tips..
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and the wild garlic..
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes if using fresh asparagus. If using canned cook for about ten minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until very smooth..
- Return into pan over low heat .You can now thicken the soup with cornflour if you like it to be a thicker soup. Do this by blending the cornflour with the 1 1/2 tablespoon of water .Whisk this into the simmering soup to thicken it. You can now add the cream if using it..
- Heat the olive oil , cut the remain garlic into very thin slices. Add the chilli flakes to oil and the garlic and heat gently until garlic starts to just brown on the edges. Add the prawns and heat through for a few minutes . No longer as they will turn rubbery as they are cooked already..
- Put the soup into warmed plates and garnish with the prawns, asparagus tips and the chilly and garlic oil..
Pour soup into bowls and serve decorated with lime wedges. Cream of Asparagus Soup gets better with the addition of Parmesan cheese and lots of garlic. That combination of asparagus with Parmesan cheese is what made me think to add Parmesan cheese You're going to love it! If you want an asparagus garnish like in the picture, before blending the soup. Home » Energizing Recipes » Szechuan Asparagus with Garlic, Ginger and Chilies.