Sweet Chilli Marinated Mussels. Great recipe for Sweet Chilli Marinated Mussels. I love their Asian flavour but they are very pricey. So I tried to make them by myself using frozen pre-blanched shelled mussel meat.
Drain, remove from shells and debeard. You don't want it to sweet as the mussel reduce the vinagers bite over night Slice red onion in halve then into thin strips Mix red onion and mussels (gently ) pour vinager/chilli/ sugar over these. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. This Delicious Sweet Chilli Marinated Mussels using 5 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Sweet Chilli Marinated Mussels
- You need 500 g of Frozen Shelled Mussel Meat.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sake OR White Wine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chilli Garlic Sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- It’s 1/2-1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil. This way the marinade can be evenly distributed and plastic bags make clean up a cinch. Also, the longer you marinate your meat, the more tender it will turn out, but we don't suggest. This Sweet Chili Shrimp Skewers recipe is very easy to make, with store-bought ingredients.
Sweet Chilli Marinated Mussels instructions
- Place Chilli Garlic Sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce and Soy Sauce in a large bowl and mix well. If you can't find Chilli Garlic Sauce, use 1 to 2 cloves fresh Garlic and 2 teaspoons Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce)..
- Place Sake and Frozen Shelled Mussels in a pot or large sauce pan. Cook over medium to high heat, shaking occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes..
- Drain and save the delicious liquid for you cooking if you like. Add the hot mussels to the sauce, combine well..
- Let Mussels be marinated for at least 1 hour. I strongly recommend to keep them in fridge overnight and enjoy cold. Great with chilled beer!!!.
Serve Sweet Chili Shrimp Skewers with: For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes. If you love seafood and often buy marinated mussels in supermarket, try to prepare them yourself at home. By this recipe marinated mussel turn out even tastier and more fragrantly, besides, you will be sure in a quality of a ready-made product. Marinated mussels perfectly go with a glass of wine or as addition to vegetables. Fragrant and rather spicy seafood can be added to various salads or.